Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealing level 5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe with all those additional cameras, it can use facial recognition to identify anyone approaching the car and, depending on the level of the perceived threat or actions by the perp, deny entry to the car or drive away on its own to a safer location? ;)

Last edited:
hmmm.... how about if the car could recognize weapons or people in masks who look like they want to break into the car and dials 911 for you and verbally speaks over a PA that the police have been notified?

i would name my car KITT from Knight Rider because that is basically what we have here. of course minus the on board weapons and bullet proof windows and body. lol

Reactions: Paul Carter
as i was thinking of all the level 5 scenarios i couldn't help but wonder, is it harder to steal a level 5 car.

Would you just goto the police station then summon the car :)

Thoughts?
You can already track (and presumably remotely disable) a stolen Tesla. I don't know that long distance summon really adds much to the equation. It might even be more dangerous (for risk of intentional damage to the vehicle by the perpetrator) if the car starts driving off on its own without police there when you go to repossess it.

You can already track (and presumably remotely disable) a stolen Tesla. I don't know that long distance summon really adds much to the equation. It might even be more dangerous (for risk of intentional damage to the vehicle by the perpetrator) if the car starts driving off on its own without police there when you go to repossess it.

That's a good point, they should turn on the cameras to record and transmit live streams so you can prosecute all criminal activity and damage

Ha, ha. I had a similar thought, but then (being very creative I thought) figured the bad guys could steal my car, then surround it with mannequins so it was "trapped" and couldn't return to me.

To which my wife said, couldn't they just use traffic cones or cardboard boxes? Where are they getting a dozen mannequins to surround your car?

Sometimes I really don't like her honesty.

You know it wouldn't surprise me if the cameras didn't record.

If tesla plans an automated Uber fleet and the car is accused of causing a serious accident you'd think they would want video of the accident to determine who is at fault