Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth hitch for bike rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DLSA

Sep 19, 2021
Boston
I want to have a Stealth hitch put in so i can buy a bike rack to use. I noticed that my panel in the back facia of the vehicle does NOT have a cut out. The bike installers want to cut a hole in which to put the hitch but I'm concerned that when I'm not riding and want to remove the hitch receiver, there will be no cover to keep dirt, stones, sand, etc out of that area. Has anyone else found themselves in this predicament? Does anyone know if Tesla sells a replacement plastic panel WITH a cut out that i can buy?

Or, if you just have a hole cut, you can buy a magnetically attached aftermarket port to close up the space (Torklift, at least). I just leave the receiver installed year round.
The magnetic cover is only for the Torklift Ecohitch, not for the Stealthhitches. The Ecohitch calls for an oval hole and their magnetic cover is made for that. The Stealthhitches calls for a bigger rectangular hole, so the Ecohitch magnetic cover won't work. So it's better to buy the newer rear diffuser from Tesla, since it ends up costing the same as just the magnetic cover for the Ecohitch. The rear fascia diffuser part number is 1135410-00-A.

Reactions: pnwadventures
Upvote 0
did you DIY it? I'm pretty handy but I'm skittish about mucking with a brand new expensive car.
Yeah, I did. etrailer and one from Ben that had pretty good videos calling it out. Instructions were good too. Backing it up on Ramps so the back was a little higher made it easier to work on.

Here were a couple of the videos I used as reference.

found this but didn't end up watching this one

Reactions: MrVivekB
Upvote 0