Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone that has the Stealth Hitch installed on your Model 3 address the range hit you take with JUST the hitch installed? I trying to find out what the hitch itself weighs and the resultant range hit with the added weight after install. I’m going to be looking at using it for at least a two up bike rack. We have a four up we use on our Odyssey but am looking at the Stealth Hitch and a one or two up for the 3.
I know drag is a concern loaded up with bikes but no worries on that for me. My main thought is how much of a range hit I’ll take as a daily driver with just the added weight of the hitch installed in the bumper and if it’s worth installing for the times I’d use it for a bike rack. What does the hitch itself weigh?

Regards,
Ski

My main thought is how much of a range hit I’ll take as a daily driver with just the added weight of the hitch installed in the bumper
and if it’s worth installing for the times I’d use it for a bike rack. What does the hitch itself weigh?
Tesla Model 3 Performance - Curb weight 4,072 lbs

Tesla Model 3 Trailer Hitch - Weight: (?) 40 lbs

306-x7373_5_250.jpg

Model 3 with TorkLift Eco Hitch and 1upusa bike rack

Reactions: Lindenwood
Just received this reply from Stealth Hitch.....

“The Tesla 3 Hitch is 32 pound then you add the Rack receiver at 9 pounds or you add the ball mount with 2" ball at 14 pounds.

if you have any questions, or need more information please let me know.”

Ski

With just the hitch installed the range should not be impacted at all. Rounding error if at all!

Your driving behavior and/or wind will have way more impact.

I’m looking to install one of these as well. I just can’t get myself over how or if Tesla would put up any stink on warranty. I’m well aware of the MM act but that doesn’t stop a dealer from making things difficult.