Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance Now Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my stealth is a 11-19 build - and never goes beyond 310 (279 at 90%). It's a stealth alright - the VIN confirms it as does the console page.

Do you have your "window" sticker in your purchase documents? It should say your range is 322 miles. Never seen anyone post their Monroney sticker for a 2020 Performance here, though. It doesn't really matter what your "rated miles" say though, as long as the efficiency and energy available are correct.

Should look like this though...

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 7.12.52 PM.png

My stealth purchased last June was $7k less (almost $11k if u factor in the tax credit) than if u configure it right now. Now a bad deal for me, and I even got track mode. Crazy!
Right, mine was 64k, then got 5k back, then spent that 5k for the FSD sale, then got 7500 back from IRS.
So i spent $56,500 (not factoring sales tax). So i guess the price basically stayed the same for stealth essentially. Maybe $2k less. But without an IRS credit.

Do you have your "window" sticker in your purchase documents? It should say your range is 322 miles. Never seen anyone post their Monroney sticker for a 2020 Performance here, though. It doesn't really matter what your "rated miles" say though, as long as the efficiency and energy available are correct.

Should look like this though...

View attachment 505840
Never got one!

They have. I did at first but coming around to the idea that it's a money grab. Not like they need to sell a lot of Model 3s - they're ramping Model Y!

As with everything Tesla they'll probably move the prices around until they get the product mix they want.

Performance Stealth available in configurator!

Isn't the Model Y range now up to 315? I thought it used to be lower than that.

So, apples to apples...that same Stealth with FSD would cost $64k today. I guess that's what you were saying...but that credit really matters!

List price is similar, effective price is much higher.
Correct. If you got the same black/black today for stealth. Pretty much the same price as it was 18 months go when I purchased. Sadly PA had no incentives for anything over 60k, and since it was 64k at the time of purchase, prior to 5k rebate, i missed out on the 1750 PA rebate.

Yes sir! I have a 2020 stealth with track model. Picked it up in November 2019.

So does yours also show 279 miles at 90%?

Isn't the Model Y range now up to 315? I thought it used to be lower than that.

Yes, but my guess is they simply changed the 5-to-2-cycle multiplier from 0.7032 to 0.739 or so (in addition to getting good efficiency improvements). We have to keep an eye on updated CARB results (and the EPA datafile, which is definitive!) for the answer on how that happened. Some discussion here.

11/19 build P3D- owner here. I’ve never had range above 310 miles, but I figured that was because it was a P and on the site it says 310. Didn’t think about the tires making it more efficient though...but I don’t feel robbed in the least. Those mile numbers are honestly rough guesses, so like many here, I just stick to percentages. I mean just like with a gas car, if I drive fast I use more energy. Slower, less energy. Physics and such.

I guess I am blessed I got in while the Stealth deal was still going!

Last edited:
Seems the thing to do is get the P3D+ model and, if you want efficiency, swap to the Gemini 19” wheels. I bet you can get them cheap since they are the base wheel on the Y. Probably could get them for free, actually, as a trade.

This, of course, assumes they fit over the brake calipers. Has anyone confirmed?
This was actually my plan now that those are confirmed on our LYD order. May still grab the EV01+ as a road trip wheel though with a 5th one for spare.

As for pricing of my M3P+ build (Black) back in May and tracking it through the last two tax credits.

May = $59,990 (black was no charge then) - $3,750 (tax credit) = $56,240.
Dec = $56,990 + $1,000 (Black) - $1,875 (tax credit) = $56,115.
Now = $56,990 +$1,000 (Black) = $57,990.

So, it looks like the M3P+ net pricing has been pretty flat through the year, although there may have been a couple of weeks here and there where prices went up or down $500. As folks mentioned already, the Stealth was price/performance sweet spot for the lucky few that got them. I am sure Tesla will change the price again based on demand but I assume the Performance models only represent about 10% of sales anyway.

They could get more creative and bundle Track Mode with the track hardware and price accordingly. They could add some sport seats to the Performance model, maybe a few drive modes, maybe relax the nannies, enable control over the torque split front and rear, etc. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: namikun and CrayZ1
So does yours also show 279 miles at 90%?

Yes, but my guess is they simply changed the 5-to-2-cycle multiplier from 0.7032 to 0.739 or so (in addition to getting good efficiency improvements). We have to keep an eye on updated CARB results (and the EPA datafile, which is definitive!) for the answer on how that happened. Some discussion here.

Don’t know haven’t ever had it set to show miles. Will look next time I charge it.

As for pricing of my M3P+ build (Black) back in May and tracking it through the last two tax credits.

May = $59,990 (black was no charge then) - $3,750 (tax credit) = $56,240.
Dec = $56,990 + $1,000 (Black) - $1,875 (tax credit) = $56,115.
Now = $56,990 +$1,000 (Black) = $57,990.

So, it looks like the M3P+ net pricing has been pretty flat through the year, although there may have been a couple of weeks here and there where prices went up or down $500. As folks mentioned already, the Stealth was price/performance sweet spot for the lucky few that got them. I am sure Tesla will change the price again based on demand but I assume the Performance models only represent about 10% of sales anyway.

They could get more creative and bundle Track Mode with the track hardware and price accordingly. They could add some sport seats to the Performance model, maybe a few drive modes, maybe relax the nannies, enable control over the torque split front and rear, etc. ;)

From my reading, it appears you need to update the updated brakes in order to survive a track day. And add camber. Seems they really need to start there. But is a car that you cannot turn off the babysitters ever really a track car?

From my reading, it appears you need to update the updated brakes in order to survive a track day. And add camber. Seems they really need to start there. But is a car that you cannot turn off the babysitters ever really a track car?

You definitely need better pads but the calipers and rotors are good enough IMO. This car is heavy which doesn't help when it comes to brakes and tires when on track.

The nannies annoy me. Most if not all performance cars have more control over the nannies. Track Mode is great but we should have more control on a performance model.

Reactions: CrayZ1
You definitely need better pads but the calipers and rotors are good enough IMO. This car is heavy which doesn't help when it comes to brakes and tires when on track.

The nannies annoy me. Most if not all performance cars have more control over the nannies. Track Mode is great but we should have more control on a performance model.

Only slightly off-topic, the 2020 Corvette has a 40/60 weight bias. I wonder if they are going to allow an ALL OFF mode in their performance traction management system? The ZR1 had ALL OFF, but it was well balanced. Turning it off on a 2020 might make it handle like a Carrera GT "Widowmaker".

The best value now seems to be the AWD and boost. Even then, I bet it is hard to floor the car and stay alive and unhurt!
What?

Granted I don't have the boost upgrade, yet, but have you never driven a fast car before? It's not really that scary, and with the AWD, it's relatively safe and non-dangerous.

Try driving a high powered RWD car that kicked sideways when you shift into 2nd or 3rd, now THAT's scary.