Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance Now Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure the website pricing on the Stealth is accurate right now.

Does no one recall the few day time period when the performance model with 18's was showing on the website in July of 2019.
Was only up for a couple of days but it was there and was shown at the same price as the regular Performance at that time. Though those that contacted a location were told of the different pricing as the website didn't permit ordering online of the 18's on the performance like it currently does.

This did not last long, within a couple of days the option of Performance with 18's was removed from the site and has not returned until now.

Now this 2020 does not look like it will be removed but I suspect it will be re-priced soon with the Performance price going down and the currently Free options being assigned an amount.
Does seem like a price increase for the Stealth ; but not as drastic as currently showing.

Last edited:
This is how it should be IMO.

(Round numbers done for simplicity.)

LR AWD - $48,000
LR AWD - After Boost upgrade - $50,000
Stealth Performance - $52,000
Performance - $54,000

So make the stealth upgrade $2,000, the full P acceleration be $4,000 more than the LR AWD, and the full on Performance w/ 20's, etc. be $6,000 more than LR AWD, $4,000 more the LR AWD with stealth, and $2,000 more than just the Stealth Performance.

Also they should make a Stealth Performance accel unlock for LR AWD owners for $4,000 so you aren't stepping on the full out Performance owner's toes.

In my opinion you sacrifice too much with the SR since 220mi range is not super versatile. Its a great commuter car but if you want to do more than that it becomes very much a compromise. I don't feel like i'm making much compromise with my LR
Depends what you want out of it. If you just want a good clean commuter car then there’s no need to look further as AP isn’t meant to be used on undivided highways and surface roads just yet.

Only slightly off-topic, the 2020 Corvette has a 40/60 weight bias. I wonder if they are going to allow an ALL OFF mode in their performance traction management system? The ZR1 had ALL OFF, but it was well balanced. Turning it off on a 2020 might make it handle like a Carrera GT "Widowmaker".

Yeah, I bet they still will since you have to intentionally disable it. I love my M3P+ but it lacks character for a performance car. The instant torque is amazing and never gets old and for me it is basically the main event of the Model 3. From a driving perspective that is about where it ends though. No exhaust note, no shifting through gears, no sport seats, no HUD, no adaptive suspension. The Performance trim doesn't even have a more aggressive front or rear facia to make it stand out and look the part. It is a the 1/8th mile king though and make for an excellent daily driver.

I think this is going to be the challenge with performance EVs in general. I love Corvettes, the C7 Z06 was known for having snap oversteer when at the limit but part of me likes that it has some character like that. Challengers, Jeeps, Miatas, Porsches, GT86, Subaru WRXs, etc. they all have an ICE based engine but they have a unique character. It will be interesting to see what the other manufacturers come up with for their performance EVs in the future.

Reactions: Vaillant and onshi
Perhaps they are testing the market there are some benefits to the configuration with a better range, likely better road comfort and cheaper tires - if people bite Tesla’s margin are better w/ 0 investment except a web developer. Not everyone likes the big wheels and the spoiler and red calipers, I think it’s smart.

Perhaps they are testing the market there are some benefits to the configuration with a better range, likely better road comfort and cheaper tires - if people bite Tesla’s margin are better w/ 0 investment except a web developer. Not everyone likes the big wheels and the spoiler and red calipers, I think it’s smart.

Is foolish to pay the same price for a stealth though. The better range, better comfort are only because of the tire/wheel difference.
The rubber on the wheels is worth more, as are the rims so you could easily find someone to swap and pay you cash if you prefer the 18's.
Of course Telsa's margin is more but what good is it if no one orders it.

Only makes sense to knock a few grand off the current Stealth price and add that amount to the currently free options.
Their margin is still improved that way, because the Stealth likely costs them the same or similar to what the AWD costs them.

Do you have your "window" sticker in your purchase documents? It should say your range is 322 miles. Never seen anyone post their Monroney sticker for a 2020 Performance here, though. It doesn't really matter what your "rated miles" say though, as long as the efficiency and energy available are correct.

Should look like this though...

View attachment 505840

2020 Tesla M3P+ Monroney Sticker...Mind you, this was ordered and received in 2019...before the current configuration weirdness. :)

Attachments

• 2020 Tesla M3P+ Monroney Sticker.pdf
    476.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
seems odd that the extras are 'free' in the 3P, or there is no savings for not taking the extras; whereas in the Y, the extras are $8K or one saves 8k for not taking the extras

nevermind: they updated the Y to the same system: drop the extras and save zero dollars

You definitely need better pads but the calipers and rotors are good enough IMO. This car is heavy which doesn't help when it comes to brakes and tires when on track.

The nannies annoy me. Most if not all performance cars have more control over the nannies. Track Mode is great but we should have more control on a performance model.

Have you tried tracking the car while it's in dyno mode? Should be no nanny intervention at all.

I didn't see it mentioned but does the "Model 3 Performance" without the "Performance Upgrade" box check exclude track mode? the implication is exclusion but I would love to avoid 20" wheels. they'll last about a day around Pothole, WI.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I didn't see it mentioned but does the "Model 3 Performance" without the "Performance Upgrade" box check exclude track mode? the implication is exclusion but I would love to avoid 20" wheels. they'll last about a day around Pothole, WI.

that exclusion is indeed implied- but nobody seems clear on if that's really the case or not (and I bet if you ask 5 tesla store employees you get 5 different answers)

Prior to this month, all Ps, + or -, got track mode, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything going forward.

Reactions: ElectricIAC