Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Performance P3D- Back in Stock !! Black Interiors with 19" Rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from my Tesla Advisor and we have more Stealth Performance P3D- in stock sitting on the east coast. Contact your local Tesla Advisor or message me if you want my advisor name or referral code (good for 1,000 miles of free supercharging). All of them are black interior with 19" rims.

I’m really hoping they make their way West soon. I’d be willing to travel a couple states to pick it up, but not from the East coast to California. I can’t imagine why they would only supply the East coast and completely leave out the West. Keeping my fingers crossed the next few weeks.

I’m really hoping they make their way West soon. I’d be willing to travel a couple states to pick it up, but not from the East coast to California. I can’t imagine why they would only supply the East coast and completely leave out the West. Keeping my fingers crossed the next few weeks.

I believe they will ship it to the west coast for ~$1,000. The Tesla sales advisor would know for sure.

They advertise that they’ll ship cars for $2000, but I asked and they said they’re currently not allowing this for the stealth performance inventory for some reason. My SA asked around and said other SA’s have tried to request it and got denied.
No reason for them to ship they know they will get sold within the region.

They are/ will ship within regions without a fee. My stealth is shipping from Chicago to MN for no cost to me.

What is the difference between a P3D- and a LR AWD? I’ve never been clear on that?

In practical terms? A software unlock that drops 0-60 from ~4.0 to ~3.2 and adds a higher top speed (162 vs 145), and track mode.

This software unlock once upon a time cost $11,000 (back in summer/fall of 2018- though it'd later get you a $6000 refund if you gave up lifetime free supercharging) but now it's only $2000, if you can find one.

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
In practical terms? A software unlock that drops 0-60 from ~4.0 to ~3.2 and adds a higher top speed (162 vs 145), and track mode.

This software unlock once upon a time cost $11,000 (back in summer/fall of 2018- though it'd later get you a $6000 refund if you gave up lifetime free supercharging) but now it's only $2000, if you can find one.

Also, in very practical terms:
It also apparently provides ~3% efficiency improvement in 2020. It's more efficient than the 2020 AWD (I'm assuming that's the 18" AWD from circumstantial information, but seems like a safe assumption). We don't really understand why right now (due to the inverter differences or motor differences between 980 and 990 motors???), but when the EPA documents are available for 2020 perhaps it will be be more clear how real this is.

Note the rated miles are the same, but the P3D 18" range may well be voluntarily downrated (looks to me it might actually be about 326 rated miles). Again, I have no idea - I am speculating, trying to explain why the efficiency difference does not show up as a range difference. You have to have the document to be able to tell. There are other possibilities.

I've posted this elsewhere, but may as well put it again here...

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 12.23.04 PM.png

Last edited:

Is it known if it uses the same inverter in the rear as the performance?

We don’t know. All we know is the rear drive unit (which includes the inverter assembly) has a different part number in the AWD.

There is some circumstantial evidence that may suggest the rear inverter has a different power limit, but actually a big difference in P3D and AWD power is the amount of front motor power produced (though both are significantly different). So definitely software is a big component.

And now we weirdly see differences in efficiency (which might be expected for a unit with lower losses to help support cooler high power operation). Speculative.

Is the P3D with 18" wheels in this report the same as the P3D-?

Yes, I think so.

Why do you think that? I'd like to buy the performance with more durable wheels but right now my only options are P3D or getting a P3D- that doesn't have a white interior or any of the other enhancements.

Just based on precedent. I don’t think there is any new P3D+ in the works in the near future with 18” or 19” wheels. People who buy the car with the 20” wheels often understand the impracticality of that choice and don’t mind spending another few thousand for a second set of wheels.

Just the 19” and 18” P3D Stealth for now...

For AWD cars made in 2018 or some of early 2019 they had the exact same rear drive unit PN (980) as the P, and the drive unit includes the inverter.

For more recent AWD cars (at least ones owners have posted pics of the rear DU PN of) they are no longer the same (AWD cars coming with 990 DU now)

That said- many have reported going to pick up one of the inventory P3D- cars in the last few months and getting an AWD car at delivery, with the 980 rear DU, and having it then software flashed to P... so it's unclear if they're still making SOME AWD cars with the 980 and then making them available as P3D- or as AWD depending on the buyer or something weird, because why else would they leave the factory without being P flashed?)

I have a 2018 P3D for sale if anyone is interested in buying one. It was ordered this way (sleeper) and has the black interior with stock 18 inch wheels. It is a garage queen and only has has 44 miles. I drove it home from the Houston facility in October 2018 and it has been garaged I took these pictures below. I was assigned to an international engagement and have not driven it since.

I am also interested in trading for a 2017 or newer Model X (starting a family). Contact me if you are interested. It still has a new leather smell.

9E69AED9-CFF1-4A3F-BEA2-66E8CCAA026C.jpeg
26D047B3-B971-4BFE-B585-6B7676FD172A.jpeg
20118831-289C-4158-B61F-A98C953B203C.jpeg
1D203816-2922-4D7B-8B04-BDB9F0B5950D.jpeg
D799C693-FFB9-476A-AC11-FBE34B7F3FD1.jpeg