Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put in my order shortly before FSD price was increased to $7K. Has anyone ordered while FSD was 6K and then changed something and had them increase FSD charge to 7 or 8K? I had read the FSD cost lock in carefully back then and concluded that it was likely that they would use ANY change to the order to up charge the FSD to it's current price.
Has this happened to anyone making changes to older reservations/deposits? Thanks.

I put in my order shortly before FSD price was increased to $7K. Has anyone ordered while FSD was 6K and then changed something and had them increase FSD charge to 7 or 8K? I had read the FSD cost lock in carefully back then and concluded that it was likely that they would use ANY change to the order to up charge the FSD to it's current price.
Has this happened to anyone making changes to older reservations/deposits? Thanks.
Yes, many people said it on the price change threads. If you make any order change it changes all current package prices, so if you have FSD at any price not the current price, you will be bumped to $8k.

So I got the text today with my VIN 37xxx that my Stealth MYP is in the process of being built. Also a price match was not granted , but they updated my incentive as if the car was priced at 59990 which qualifies for $2000 incentive. I had just the $500 incentive for over 60k. So in short I’m getting the car soon and I’m paying $1500 less . Good day!
That’s good to hear, I originally ordered December 2019, change to performance induction’s in early June. I’m from Minneapolis Minnesota. I’ve been waiting a very long time and feeling hopeless.

That’s good to hear, I originally ordered December 2019, change to performance induction’s in early June. I’m from Minneapolis Minnesota. I’ve been waiting a very long time and feeling hopeless.
I originally ordered 11/2019 and changed to inductions early June. You will get the notice soon. Especially with another EOQ push coming up. Call your delivery site. Maybe they can tell you you’ve been assigned a VIN and yours is currently being built like mine. Maybe all the stealths are being built now as the final batch of them. Doesn’t hurt to try.

Email from an awesome local sales rep who had nothing to do with my order just emailed me and advised I have a VIN!!

Though it is still being built/in production at this point, so still a few weeks out most likely.

Keep the faith in your order and don’t believe a salesperson trying to push you into a different model for a quick sale.

Ordered my MY Deep Metallic Blue LR performance non-pup stealth on 7/6 and I've been scanning this forum and I still did not get any text or communication from Tesla regarding my order. Yet my SC says everything is in line and ready to go. I would be lying if I said I was not concerned. Good to see a few of us did get theirs. I sold my MX thinking I would get my MY quickly but that was perhaps a move I shouldn't have made so quickly.

Ordered my white/white, wheels upgrade and FSD on 8/6. I was told that my soft date is 8/26 from another Tesla employee a few days ago, however just spoke to my sales rep and she said I should expect it mid September. No vin yet.

What had everyone else’s experience been? I’m in Seattle—not sure if that makes a difference.

Ordered my white/white, wheels upgrade and FSD on 8/6. I was told that my soft date is 8/26 from another Tesla employee a few days ago, however just spoke to my sales rep and she said I should expect it mid September. No vin yet.

What had everyone else’s experience been? I’m in Seattle—not sure if that makes a difference.
I originally ordered Performance without upgrade package on 5/1, changed order to Induction wheels 6/10. Account doesn’t show vin or estimated delivery date but sales associate checked and sent it to me as it was being built.

If you ordered a common build it is much faster to delivery, plus they tend to push many till mid and end of the quarter.

Same as what the Performance model costs now.
Performance now is 1k cheaper than Stealth since Tesla will not honor price drop for it.

I had LR on order since March then upgraded to Stealth in early June. By end of July not a single person at Tesla would at least tell me if it would even be built, and encouraged me to switch to another configuration. I got frustrated, cancelled the order, and bought a hybrid SUV.

I do hope everyone with Stealth orders actually gets theirs!

What is meant by "stealth"? It's related to the performance package?

Yes, in late June early July we had the no cost option of buying a performance model why without the larger wheels and red brake combination. Which makes it look like a regular long range model Y except that its just as fast as the version with the PUP (Performance Upgrade Package) thus, "Stealth" as we like to call ourselves. I also call us "Stealthy's"!

• Informative
Reactions: Maryland

No VIN either, week 6 of the quoted 4-8 weeks from the website....

I originally ordered Performance without upgrade package on 5/1, changed order to Induction wheels 6/10. Account doesn’t show vin or estimated delivery date but sales associate checked and sent it to me as it was being built.

If you ordered a common build it is much faster to delivery, plus they tend to push many till mid and end of the quarter.
Performance now is 1k cheaper than Stealth since Tesla will not honor price drop for it.

I had LR on order since March then upgraded to Stealth in early June. By end of July not a single person at Tesla would at least tell me if it would even be built, and encouraged me to switch to another configuration. I got frustrated, cancelled the order, and bought a hybrid SUV.

I do hope everyone with Stealth orders actually gets theirs!

Yikes, that does not help. My rep at the SC swears I'm getting a VIN, I'm not sure, my financing arrangements expire on 9/5 so I'm really going to be sweating over the next two weeks.

Hey guys,
I’ve been scanning this page for a while now since I had a stealth performance (MSM 20” inductions white interior) on order since February but only changed from 19s to 20s in June.

Keep hope because out of the blue I got a call from my local rep this morning that was car was ready to go. Went there today to pick it up and now I have my stealth performance, which I almost cancelled out of impatience, sitting in my garage.

hope this helps :)

Hey guys,
I’ve been scanning this page for a while now since I had a stealth performance (MSM 20” inductions white interior) on order since February but only changed from 19s to 20s in June.

Keep hope because out of the blue I got a call from my local rep this morning that was car was ready to go. Went there today to pick it up and now I have my stealth performance, which I almost cancelled out of impatience, sitting in my garage.

hope this helps :)

Yes! That is very promising! Enjoy your stealth in good health!⚡