Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had one on order since early March and didn’t hear a thing. Changed to regular AWD today as it was now effectively $8k more for me to keep performance (vs $6k it was before with the 20” wheels) and I also kind of think they may never produce these cars. So now I’m hoping for something like a $2k over the air performance upgrade.

Hopefully for you guys they go ahead and build these unicorns.

Original order was 11/12/19 adjusted a couple times with the last time being on 6/10/20 to performance white/black with the 20” inductions no FSD. Spoke to an advisor a couple days ago in which he estimates I should receive a VIN in the next 1-2 weeks. I just do not like Uber wheels.

I had one on order since early March and didn’t hear a thing. Changed to regular AWD today as it was now effectively $8k more for me to keep performance (vs $6k it was before with the 20” wheels) and I also kind of think they may never produce these cars. So now I’m hoping for something like a $2k over the air performance upgrade.

Hopefully for you guys they go ahead and build these unicorns.
I upgraded to Performance like you for an extra $6k since I wanted the 20” wheels. I’m not thrilled about the loss of range with the 21” inch wheels. Now, I might switch to the regular AWD as well... or maybe not... lol.

I ordered blue/white interior stealth performance on 6/19. Waiting on a VIN.

Talked to the local service center today, and they suggested the "stealth" spec would likely never be built.

Then talked to someone on chat. They said it will be built and delivered as spec'd, plus I could get the price reduction ($1k in my case). Skeptical to see what happens, but good news for now.

I wish there was a bit more visibility into this whole process. I guess that's the trade-off for a truly online ordering process..

Talked to the local service center today, and they suggested the "stealth" spec would likely never be built.

Then talked to someone on chat. They said it will be built and delivered as spec'd, plus I could get the price reduction ($1k in my case). Skeptical to see what happens, but good news for now.

I wish there was a bit more visibility into this whole process. I guess that's the trade-off for a truly online ordering process..

I have saved screen shots from 2 different chats where they say my stealth is still being produced. Lol. I originally placed order May 3rd 2020 but changed to the stealth mid June when I noticed it was an option. I really wanted the performance but do not want the 21” rims with the offset sized tires. I drive too much. I also have white with white interior and FSD.... It seems the white interior is another obstacle to getting a VIN in a reasonable time...

I have saved screen shots from 2 different chats where they say my stealth is still being produced. Lol. I originally placed order May 3rd 2020 but changed to the stealth mid June when I noticed it was an option. I really wanted the performance but do not want the 21” rims with the offset sized tires. I drive too much. I also have white with white interior and FSD.... It seems the white interior is another obstacle to getting a VIN in a reasonable time...

Good luck to both of us! I don't want the 21" wheels either. I'd replace immediately and I figure I'll likely pay more in the end.

Kind of hopeless, originally ordered PUP December 2019. Changed to performance with inductions, FSD, white/white in early June. They keep on telling me 4 to 8 weeks, ive heard that before. I haven’t seen a single picture of performance with inductions. I wonder if they are going to make this, I am about to go to Porsche

Well, its been 1.5 days since Chat person said I will get the price reduction. There is no change on my account, no texts, emails, or any communication. When I emailed the delivery advisor from Nevada, he replied that he can no longer do anything like that due to change of responsibility, and suggested I initiate a chat ...
And its a good point about Stealth in general - Tesla perhaps is trying to discourage us from ordering so they don't have to have a 3rd configuration at the factory.

Well, its been 1.5 days since Chat person said I will get the price reduction. There is no change on my account, no texts, emails, or any communication. When I emailed the delivery advisor from Nevada, he replied that he can no longer do anything like that due to change of responsibility, and suggested I initiate a chat ...
And its a good point about Stealth in general - Tesla perhaps is trying to discourage us from ordering so they don't have to have a 3rd configuration at the factory.
Keep us updated. Very curious as to whether they honor the price change. I know when I switched to inductions it took 2-3 days to reflect on my account page. Maybe the same for the price change.

I wanted the Induction wheels from the start as i saw the demo unit had them but they were not originally available for the performance, so ordered with PUP on 5/1/2020.

Once they provided the option for the Induction Wheels on the Performance I submitted my change. Order Agreement is dated at 06/10/2020 when the change was finalized. I am hoping that the delay is due to my color choice (Black) or Tow Hitch option.

If anyone gets a VIN on a Stealth with Induction Wheels please advise and if you take delivery, would like to know if Stealth with Inductions are going to be actually produced.

I wanted the Induction wheels from the start as i saw the demo unit had them but they were not originally available for the performance, so ordered with PUP on 5/1/2020.

Once they provided the option for the Induction Wheels on the Performance I submitted my change. Order Agreement is dated at 06/10/2020 when the change was finalized. I am hoping that the delay is due to my color choice (Black) or Tow Hitch option.

If anyone gets a VIN on a Stealth with Induction Wheels please advise and if you take delivery, would like to know if Stealth with Inductions are going to be actually produced.
I originally assumed my delay was due to White interior. Then I thought it was due to Tow Hitch. Now it may actually be due to Stealth configuration itself. I placed original AWD order in March, then switched to to Stealth with inductions on the day the config became available, early June. It did take 48 hours for it to get applied to my account.

I'd assume they are still producing the stealth.

My VIN is on it's way to Seattle, having been produced last week. I did have to drop the hitch to get that VIN in the line, but once I did the SC matched me to a VIN fairly quickly. I ordered 7/5.

My guess - they will build the remaining orders. FWIW, I also never got the price reduction, despite complaining. The only answer I was provided was to upgrade to PUP. So, even if they build the remaining orders, they are trying to encourage people to switch, if they can.