Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stealth Y Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the power, I want the clearance and narrower tires for snow, I want the range, I think the 21" wheels look silly.... that's why I went stealth. Still got the carbon fiber wing :). My biggest worry was that there would be too much power for the tires and I don't think that is the case at all, I've driven it pretty hard and it is not squirmy with hard driving. It is shockingly 911-stable at speeds around 115.
I can easily outperform the range predictions on trips by driving with an easy foot, mildly aggressive matches predictions, haven't done a true range test.

Reactions: MikeHolliday
I want the power, I want the clearance and narrower tires for snow, I want the range, I think the 21" wheels look silly.... that's why I went stealth. Still got the carbon fiber wing :). My biggest worry was that there would be too much power for the tires and I don't think that is the case at all, I've driven it pretty hard and it is not squirmy with hard driving. It is shockingly 911-stable at speeds around 115.
I can easily outperform the range predictions on trips by driving with an easy foot, mildly aggressive matches predictions, haven't done a true range test.

It’s like you are reading my mind.
I want the performance but I don’t want to lose the range and I am okay with the 20s or even the 19s Tesla has.

I hope they start making the Stealth Model Y again

As of this weekend there were still a few inventory Stealth Y’s from the last production run. Seems like they were from purchasers who decided not to wait. My sales advisor found a few MSM/White/19 vehicles in Boston.

When I first saw a Y in person, I wanted the Inductions but were not an option so ordered Performance. Changed to Stealth early June when it became available as I do not like staggered rims, and read tons of comments here of the harshness of the ride with the lowered suspension and Uberturbine wheels.

I want the bigger motor, higher capacity fuses etc, for the speed but I doubt it will ever see a racetrack so outside of looks I didn’t care about the brakes.

Will they offer it again, who knows, I’d guess they will eventually allow you to choose wheels but it will only come with lowered suspension as that doesn’t really make a big production line change.

You can by a performance and put 20in wheels on it and get the same range as a stealth, it’s the only change affecting the range.
I wonder if, range-wise, this is best option of all because you get a suspension drop with performance upgrade that might lower wind resistance. Plus, you could sell the 20" wheels and make money....
I was concerned with clearance over snow though and didn't want the drop.

Has anyone been able to find/buy a stealth Y recently? I know they are not even technically available off-menu, but Tesla is making them every once in a while to help satisfy EPA range (Stealth performance gets better range due to 19" wheels etc.)