Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam integration for Model S built after Feb 2022 only?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s absolutely silly. So those that pay 2K for the 16gb update seems like they won’t get steam either way as well.

At the Burbank SvC today. The rep was sympathetic and helpful and knowledgeable. Usually, I get two out of three of those attributes, if lucky.

Seems like the 2k price for the RAM upgrade is not final, nor even agreed to.

A lower cost is in the works, supposedly.

At the Burbank SvC today. The rep was sympathetic and helpful and knowledgeable. Usually, I get two out of three of those attributes, if lucky.

Seems like the 2k price for the RAM upgrade is not final, nor even agreed to.

A lower cost is in the works, supposedly.
I have heard the same from my SC when inquiring. I suspect Tesla will WANT this to be done and will be a more attractive price.

I am using steam for last few days and most games crash that should work great on Steamdeck and checked via www.protondb.com.

-Inside (crashes after few minutes of play)
-Ori and the Blind Forest (runs like crap and stutters)
-Wreckfest (Crashes)
-Limbo (runs great!)
-Portal 2 (runs great!)

We should try to gather info which game is running smoothly without issues on Steam so we don't waste time downloading those huge games only to get disappointed

I am using steam for last few days and most games crash that should work great on Steamdeck and checked via www.protondb.com.

-Inside (crashes after few minutes of play)
-Ori and the Blind Forest (runs like crap and stutters)
-Wreckfest (Crashes)
-Limbo (runs great!)
-Portal 2 (runs great!)

We should try to gather info which game is running smoothly without issues on Steam so we don't waste time downloading those huge games only to get disappointed
Did you try forcing them to use proton per my post here? I have only tried a half dozen games but they all work under proton, where most did not until I forced proton.

Did you try forcing them to use proton per my post here? I have only tried a half dozen games but they all work under proton, where most did not until I forced proton.

Wow I didn't see this post but this gives me hope! Thanks man ill check it out

Reactions: sandman1330
So I have a "friend" in service. She's been around since my 1st MS in Q1 2014. I've come to know her very well over the years and she typically is able to pull things off that NO other people can. That said.
Im putting my Plaid (Birthdate Aug 27,2021) in for loud half shafts under acceleration so I figured this was a good time as any to ask for the MCU upgrade for steam.
Today came my "estimate of work" and the MCU came up as a $2k upgrade.
I messaged her phone privately and said : "Hey there! I got the job estimate for my car, thanks, but can you see why I have to pay for the computer when Elon promised us this feature in our cars when we ordered them?? 😬 "

And her response was : "Hi! This hardware wasn’t included in the price of the early plaid vins. Similar to infotainment upgrades. We have been instructed they are customer pay. I asked 3 different people :("

So this means upper mgmt has made the decision. we have to pay if we want steam. (unless this hits mainstream) and they reimburse up like they did with early eMMC repairs

Lucky for me my kids travel mostly in my wife's refresh MX that has it, but it does boil my blood that my car does not have it when during delivery of the 1st plaids they bragged about how I could play cyberpunk.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mako11 and jebinc
So I have a "friend" in service. She's been around since my 1st MS in Q1 2014. I've come to know her very well over the years and she typically is able to pull things off that NO other people can. That said.
Im putting my Plaid (Birthdate Aug 27,2021) in for loud half shafts under acceleration so I figured this was a good time as any to ask for the MCU upgrade for steam.
Today came my "estimate of work" and the MCU came up as a $2k upgrade.
I messaged her phone privately and said : "Hey there! I got the job estimate for my car, thanks, but can you see why I have to pay for the computer when Elon promised us this feature in our cars when we ordered them?? 😬 "

And her response was : "Hi! This hardware wasn’t included in the price of the early plaid vins. Similar to infotainment upgrades. We have been instructed they are customer pay. I asked 3 different people :("

So this means upper mgmt has made the decision. we have to pay if we want steam. (unless this hits mainstream) and they reimburse up like they did with early eMMC repairs

Lucky for me my kids travel mostly in my wife's refresh MX that has it, but it does boil my blood that my car does not have it when during delivery of the 1st plaids they bragged about how I could play cyberpunk.

So, Elon and Tesla lied. Period. And they’re going to try to get away with it.

Man do I like this car, but this company is utter garbage and it’s getting worse and worse as time goes on.

So, Elon and Tesla lied. Period. And they’re going to try to get away with it.

Man do I like this car, but this company is utter garbage and it’s getting worse and worse as time goes on.
Agree. I've been one of the earliest Tesla fanatics here but this is pretty disgusting. Steam was an INCLUDED FEATURE from the unveiling in June 2021. It was on the website as a feature. There was never a mention of "Coming soon - needs HW upgrade". Someone needs to sue because this is truly criminal.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Agree. I've been one of the earliest Tesla fanatics here but this is pretty disgusting. Steam was an INCLUDED FEATURE from the unveiling in June 2021. It was on the website as a feature. There was never a mention of "Coming soon - needs HW upgrade". Someone needs to sue because this is truly criminal.
Steam wasn’t included in the unveiling, was it?