Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam on Ryzen M3/MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

How likely would be that M3/MY get their steam library integration?

By the way, the official video footage is misleading since is not mentioning which type of Tesla gets this feature (only to be slapped with asterisk info in the description).

Pretty sure 3 and Y does not meet the requirement. We need a discrete GPU to be able to run it.

its steam though - you can play games with a nice discrete GPU like cyberpunk. You can also play games on a potato like vampire chronicles or undertale (or stardew valley). Seems arbitrary at best to wall off a semi decent APU because it doesn’t play ‘shiny’ games.

How would Tesla limit what games you can play on Steam? What if running games like Cyberpunk etc on a non-discrete GPU 3/Y would be very unstable?

I imagine there’s an element of Tesla not wanting people and videos online of how poor these things run on 3/Y without the requisite discrete GPU.

its steam though - you can play games with a nice discrete GPU like cyberpunk. You can also play games on a potato like vampire chronicles or undertale (or stardew valley). Seems arbitrary at best to wall off a semi decent APU because it doesn’t play ‘shiny’ games.
True, but likely whatever CPU and built in GPU that's in our config doesn't meet the minimum requirements. There are indeed other less intensive games that might work with the setup we have BUT they will need to create a slimmed down version of Steam that only shows those games or have some sort of a hardware check depending on what car you are opening the Steam app from.

This may shed some light