TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Steaming Only: No Model 3 reveal event invitations sent out

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by joefee, Mar 14, 2016.

1. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

I called Corp today to ask why I did not get an invite to the Model 3 reveal 3/31 (I've been invited to all major Tesla Events) and after getting bounced around to marketing, sales, reception and my service center, my conclusion is that:

There will be no "public" event invitations sent out. The reveal will be streaming online only.

2. Drivin

Drivin Member

My conclusion is that your conclusion is an incorrect conclusion.
    Check your spam filter just in case.

3. aarons23

aarons23 Member

There's no way it won't be a public event! Invitations may start very soon.

4. William13

William13 Member

Prior events invitations were all sent out with little warning. That is one week prior to the events. Of course the first party did have a little more notice. Almost five years ago now!

5. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

I'm 80% confident that there will be no large-scale party or invitations sent out to current Tesla owners.

6. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

some folks have already received invites

7. tga

tga Active Member

But those were through the Model S referral program. There's been no general invites to existing owners, etc. like past events.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

My assumption is that the referral program invites went out early to ensure they could make travel arrangements. If I were a referral program winner of a set of Model 3 invites & didn't have an early confirmation of the event, I'd be annoyed. I think Tesla did the right thing.

They may still be working on details and not want to do the mass invite until they have it all locked down.

The rest of us plebes will have to either make last-minute travel plans or watch from afar. Or make your plans now in the hopes that you'll receive a coveted invite.

9. strider

strider Active Member

But those were referral winners and such right? Has anyone received an invite based solely on being a current customer?

10. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

I just noticed the thread title is "steaming" instead of "streaming". :D

11. Tam

Tam Active Member

Like stated above, in the past general public got invitations with very little advanced notice so it was very difficult for us to arrange our schedule timely each and every time.

Thus, for timing, I don't think it is any different this time. There are still plentiful 16 days left for a last minute invitation tradition.

As to who will be invited is another matter. That's the wonder of time and history.

In the past, general public would be invited for an event. Then came referral rules. You need to work to earn your event tickets. Then you need to work and win a lottery to earn your tickets.

Who says that event tickets will not be more stringent this time?

12. Kenypowa

Kenypowa Member

I'm not sure why folks are giving him a hard time. He is clearly steaming for not getting invited by Elon himself.

13. TSchaefer

TSchaefer ~~~Model S Owner~~~ Model 3 Reservation Holder

Steaming only.....really? I wanted grilled or fried

14. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

I was thinking it was because we don't have a poop emoji on the new forum software. ;)

• Funny x 1
  15. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Multiple people have already posted they received Model 3 reveal event invites. Clearly there is going to be a "live" event, and of course it will be streamed online for anyone to watch.

16. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

My invites have always arrived about a week in advance.

One arrived the day of the event!

17. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Member

There ya go.

18. strider

strider Active Member

Lottery for current owners:

We're excited to share details of the Model 3 prototype unveiling at an intimate event in Los Angeles, CA for less than 800 people.

We want to share this with Tesla owners first, as a token of our appreciation for your support over the years. We've saved 650 places at the event for current owners including their guests.

Places will be allocated at random through a drawing on March 16. To enter, simply click below and register before noon PST on March 16 2016. You'll need to use your MyTesla email address to ensure successful entry into the lottery. On March 17, official invitations will go out to those selected through the lottery.

Model 3 reservations will open in Tesla stores on March 31 at 10am PST, as well as online immediately when the event (which will also be accessible via a live stream) begins. As a current owner who has supported Tesla and our mission, your reservation will take priority and be placed ahead of non-owners.

Thanks again for your support. Good luck!

The Tesla Team

19. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

My email arrived as well just a few minutes after reading the above posts.

On St. Patricks Day we can all celebrate the winners of the Model 3 unveiling lottery!

Good luck to all who enter.

20. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

"us plebes"? Really, Bonnie? I think you're the least plebe-like person here, from Tesla's point of view.