Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steer me in the direction to remove the Dashboard Grille area

selfbp

Aug 4, 2017
East, TN
There’s an insanely annoying rattle coming from it- not when I hit bumps... but when the car flexes on uneven pavement. It’s coming from the center of the grille. Pushing down on it doesn’t help so assume it’s something in that area. Tesla tried to fix it and had no luck and It’s really on my nerves now. Does anyone have a source of removal instructions or any tips in general to help me out!

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli

BPeter

Feb 2, 2019
Minnesota
Which part do you consider the grille in the dashboard? I have a creak from my headliner somewhere that after 3 attempts still hasn't been fixed.

Mhoepfin

Mar 18, 2019
Atlanta, GA
There is a plastic piece right above the binnacle on the underside of the dashboard. This was rattling for me and it sounded like it was coming from the vents. It pops out, it’s held in with clips. I put some wadded up napkins in there and popped it back in and that removed the rattle for me. Watch this video around :30 seconds in for the piece I’m talking about.

Cams

Apr 12, 2018
DFW
There’s an insanely annoying rattle coming from it- not when I hit bumps... but when the car flexes on uneven pavement. It’s coming from the center of the grille. Pushing down on it doesn’t help so assume it’s something in that area. Tesla tried to fix it and had no luck and It’s really on my nerves now. Does anyone have a source of removal instructions or any tips in general to help me out!

I know the sound. If you press on that grill piece you'll hear it click, there must be some sort of clip that's loose in there, it's just hard to get to. Mine was more towards the left side of the dash, I put a piece of doubled up felt tape between the bottom of the A-pillar and the grill (where they meet) and it's stopped it for now.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC