Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steer me in the direction to remove the Dashboard Grille area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s an insanely annoying rattle coming from it- not when I hit bumps... but when the car flexes on uneven pavement. It’s coming from the center of the grille. Pushing down on it doesn’t help so assume it’s something in that area. Tesla tried to fix it and had no luck and It’s really on my nerves now. Does anyone have a source of removal instructions or any tips in general to help me out!

• Informative
Reactions: Petrocelli
There is a plastic piece right above the binnacle on the underside of the dashboard. This was rattling for me and it sounded like it was coming from the vents. It pops out, it’s held in with clips. I put some wadded up napkins in there and popped it back in and that removed the rattle for me. Watch this video around :30 seconds in for the piece I’m talking about.

There’s an insanely annoying rattle coming from it- not when I hit bumps... but when the car flexes on uneven pavement. It’s coming from the center of the grille. Pushing down on it doesn’t help so assume it’s something in that area. Tesla tried to fix it and had no luck and It’s really on my nerves now. Does anyone have a source of removal instructions or any tips in general to help me out!

I know the sound. If you press on that grill piece you'll hear it click, there must be some sort of clip that's loose in there, it's just hard to get to. Mine was more towards the left side of the dash, I put a piece of doubled up felt tape between the bottom of the A-pillar and the grill (where they meet) and it's stopped it for now.