TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Steer me in the direction to remove the Dashboard Grille area

Discussion in 'Model S' started by selfbp, Sep 27, 2019.

1. selfbp

selfbp Member

There’s an insanely annoying rattle coming from it- not when I hit bumps... but when the car flexes on uneven pavement. It’s coming from the center of the grille. Pushing down on it doesn’t help so assume it’s something in that area. Tesla tried to fix it and had no luck and It’s really on my nerves now. Does anyone have a source of removal instructions or any tips in general to help me out!

• Informative x 1
  2. selfbp

selfbp Member

3. selfbp

selfbp Member

This was awesome. Found an amazing website with all the information on servicing or removing pretty much anything
    Fix.My.EV: Tesla Model-S

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. mike25

mike25 Member

Can you post an update if you find what make that rattle. I also have rattle from that area when the car flexes.

5. BPeter

BPeter Member

Which part do you consider the grille in the dashboard? I have a creak from my headliner somewhere that after 3 attempts still hasn't been fixed.

6. drklain

drklain Member

Just as a note, it appears to be a manual for the old nose-cone style body. The instructions for pulling a new nose are not in the manual/on that site...

7. Mhoepfin

Mhoepfin Member

There is a plastic piece right above the binnacle on the underside of the dashboard. This was rattling for me and it sounded like it was coming from the vents. It pops out, it’s held in with clips. I put some wadded up napkins in there and popped it back in and that removed the rattle for me. Watch this video around :30 seconds in for the piece I’m talking about.

8. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

I have the same rattles also. Driving me nuts. Let us know if you manage to resolve yours.

9. Cams

Cams Member

I know the sound. If you press on that grill piece you'll hear it click, there must be some sort of clip that's loose in there, it's just hard to get to. Mine was more towards the left side of the dash, I put a piece of doubled up felt tape between the bottom of the A-pillar and the grill (where they meet) and it's stopped it for now.