Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering assist reduced, ABS disabled, TC disabled,Stability control disabled, regen braking..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I was driving to dinner last night and this all occurred randomly.
Not to be dramatic but it happened in the middle of a substantial downhill turn and I nearly rear ended the person in front of me.

I’ve tried the power off, two button wheel press + two button press with brake.
Currently on hold with roadside, but my brother is proposing in an hour or so and I really need to be there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Model Y on 40.8. VIN 37XXX

Reactions: asenseoftri
Had the same problem with our 3 - I’ve forgotten the exact details but there are sensors that fail and it takes out the resulting functionality. Luckily, it’s a quick and easy fix the service center. Call Tesla roadside service for a tow to the nearest service center and you should have the car back in a couple of hours.

Had the same problem with our 3 - I’ve forgotten the exact details but there are sensors that fail and it takes out the resulting functionality. Luckily, it’s a quick and easy fix the service center. Call Tesla roadside service for a tow to the nearest service center and you should have the car back in a couple of hours.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like that’s what I’ll have to do. Absolutely no clue when I will be able to due to my work schedule and my nearest service center is almost two hours away. Brutal!

how many miles were on your 3? I only have 3022.. :(

Our 3 had roughly 45,000 miles when we experienced the list symptoms. On the first visit to the service center they found chewed wires on the sensors presumably by rodents (I live on a ranch, lots of critters - a common problem), the symptoms returned 24 hours or so after the servicing and at that point they found a failed sensor. It’s been several months since the incident and we’ve been problem free.

For anyone that sees this: Tesla SC in Cincinatti has had my Y since Friday the 6th. Ordered a wheel speed sensor and a "subframe wiring harnes".

They said they basically have no clue what the issue is and they are in communication with Telsa engineers in California and are trying to resolve the issue.

Initially they had guaranteed the vehicle would be ready by 9am on Sunday. Honestly I was worried so I waited until right around 9 to leave and as I was about to leave I received a text ssying that the vehicle wouldn't be ready and they were having more issues.

My loaner is a 2015 S P85D. As you all know I'm sure it's stuck in chill mode but overall it has tons of issues. Weird noise in the AC/Heat and also the tires are bald. Not sure why they'd even loan this one out but oh well.

I'll keep anyone that sees this updated!

Late reply, but i had the same issue with mine on the 2nd day of ownership. I hard reset it 2-3 times. Didnt fix. Drove to the service center/showroom. My salesman came out, hard reset it again. And it fixed it...
Hasnt reoccured since. So i would say try multiple hard resets/ short drives.

For anyone that sees this: Tesla SC in Cincinatti has had my Y since Friday the 6th. Ordered a wheel speed sensor and a "subframe wiring harnes".

They said they basically have no clue what the issue is and they are in communication with Telsa engineers in California and are trying to resolve the issue.

Initially they had guaranteed the vehicle would be ready by 9am on Sunday. Honestly I was worried so I waited until right around 9 to leave and as I was about to leave I received a text ssying that the vehicle wouldn't be ready and they were having more issues.

My loaner is a 2015 S P85D. As you all know I'm sure it's stuck in chill mode but overall it has tons of issues. Weird noise in the AC/Heat and also the tires are bald. Not sure why they'd even loan this one out but oh well.

I'll keep anyone that sees this updated!
LOL I was loaned that same vehicle at some point from Cincinnati... Just funny.

My model s plaid had this same issue last week and it’s been shopped ever since. Lost all driver assists. We are experiencing cold weather here in Seattle. Looks like this issue doesn’t disappear.

My Plaid had the same issue. Luckily, another owner had this issue before. Also caused by freezing temperature. Probably something similar on the Model Y.

See my service invoice for for my. Model S.

Attachments

• tesla_invoicea069dccd-627b-11ec-9662-005056939ebe.jpg
    tesla_invoicea069dccd-627b-11ec-9662-005056939ebe.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 951
Reactions: 3rdpower
Wondering if you guys resolved this or had an update All these error messages popped up today on my 2021 M3 SR, it was a cold night and a thin layer of ice covered the car, nothing extreme by any means(temperature around 30).

I had to drive the car like that for about 30 minutes and got a heck of an arm work out without PS.

I’m thinking on dropping off the car at the service center today even though they are closed. This is my family’s only car so I am in a pickle!

I started having this issue several weeks ago. I took it to the service center in Seattle and they had the car for a week and couldn't find anything wrong with the car even though I had showed them this and a few other similar posts. The car worked well for another week until it failed again without being able to be fixed with a reboot. This time they "found a ground loose" and "After tightening" everything was fixed inscluding the windshield wipers that failed along with the ABS, steering, regen braking, etc. I have asked where the ground was located and how it could have come loose but haven't received an answer. I am very glad I wasn't driving on a rainy day down a hill around an off-angle corner when it all failed 3 different times. I am also glad it is fixed!