Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Steering Assist Reduced" Error - '21 MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a '21 MSLR with 6800 miles. Today I go to get into the car and at first I get an alert "parking assist unavailable". That seemed to
go away but then another came on the console right after: "Steering assist reduced - steering may require increased effort".

Interesting thing in that the steering seems normal still.

I've restarted the car and the error didn't clear. Let is also be known that the car has been randomly rebooting when I get into drive
it lately as well. Sent this info to Telsa waiting to hear back.

Anyone else ever get this error??

Attachments

• IMG_5238.jpg
    IMG_5238.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_5243.jpg
    IMG_5243.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 218
Just FYI i had the same error this weekend on my ‘17 MS 90D w/ MCU2, FSD, …. but it came with an actual loss of power steering. It was a full-on brown stain moment while turning a corner the wheel jerked out of my hand w/ Power Steering failed and i almost slammed into another car in the oncoming lane.

I have soft and hard reset the car (including a 12v / high power battery disconnect) and the error messages and power steering failure are still presenting. I have made an appointment w/ service but the car is effectively un-drivable around town without power steering.

Attachments

• 3694FB91-6844-4235-9946-C2CA81FFAD30.jpeg
    3694FB91-6844-4235-9946-C2CA81FFAD30.jpeg
    593 KB · Views: 125
  • Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot