Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering column and wheel, I love it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brings back good memories of a great comedy!

Or perhaps he meant...

image_01.jpg

I knew a guy who had a 250SE coupe MB stored in a barn. The barn collapsed and crushed the roof over the back seats. He turned it into a Ute. It turned out quite well. I used to have his card with picture but can't find it now. He was from Willmette, IL. He also owned an SSK.

Last edited:
Makes me feel like I'm driving my grandfather's car. Yick.
My grandmother was a 4-on-the-floor fan -- even ordered a car with a bench seat and 4-on-the-floor (that was an interesting special order)....
When she was younger she drove a Cord.
She was the auto fan in the family, driver of sportscars since the 1920s, and I'm sorry she's not around to see the Model S. She'd've liked it.

The Frunk will not fit a full size tire. It will allow 24 to 25 inch diameter tire. The 21 inch rim fits with over one inch but less than two inches to spare. Perhaps a 19 inch rim with a very, very low profile tire.
Damn. Thanks. It had been suggested that a 19 inch rim with a deflated tire might fit, but probably not?

The white leather is no longer white but a light cream/tan color.
This makes me VERY happy; it's going to be far easier to keep looking nice.

The tilt and telescope steering wheel had great tactile response. More telescoping than I have seen before in a car.
Good. My family's going to be shoving that as far in as possible (short legs all).

That clunking seemed fairly smooth in 1964 :)

In 1964 torque converters had a lot of "play" in them to smooth the shifts--at the expense of MPG. Modern cars don't have that kind of play. However, once you've driven a car that doesn't shift, you won't want to go back to the clunky system.