Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Column Display in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do like the folding dash board idea.It would unfold when driver's seated or fastened.
Audi has foldable screens. If they could do it for mass market, I don't see why Tesla couldn't fold the whole dash board for mass market too (and taking in account reliability of the system).

And if it doesn't work, well, you'r center screen display info too.

I took their comments as more that it will be a 15" horizontal screen, and not necessarily that everything will look like the prototype, but it's been a while since I saw those videos so I may have to go back and watch to hear the exact wording.
I agree with this. Also, I got the impression that instead of "15 inch (diagonal) widescreen" they meant "15 inch wide screen". I believe that means the display would be slightly larger than the one in the Model S, but with a landscape configuration. I think the 17" diagonal screen in the Model S is something like 14" tall in portrait display.

Did no one take measuring tape?
No worries... I'm sure there will be some people who will take the few interior photos of the Model 3 dash and derive the display size based on some other element such as the steering wheel, as was previously done using the Model 3's wheels to estimate the overall length of the vehicle, and come up with similarly consistent results. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Red Sage and dsvick
That is very cool! Although it's a prototype, I see Mercedes forward thinking much ahead of their competition besides Tesla. I especially like those pedals.

Question: that steering wheel can accommodate an airbag?
New E-Class has a pretty similar display. Just split.
2048_16C181_226.jpg