Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering column no longer moves up or down.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine stopped moving up or in. Of course I fiddled with it and adjusted it all the way down and out in the process of determining that it really wouldn't go back to where I had it.

Service is coming on the 28th for me too. I have seen a few posts where the problem "fixes itself" but that magic hasn't worked for me. Let's share what service tells us?

Mine stopped moving up or in. Of course I fiddled with it and adjusted it all the way down and out in the process of determining that it really wouldn't go back to where I had it.

Service is coming on the 28th for me too. I have seen a few posts where the problem "fixes itself" but that magic hasn't worked for me. Let's share what service tells us?
Sounds good! My history with those service appointments, though, is that they will call me a day or two ahead of time to let me know they moved it to another day… without even asking me… very hard to schedule time off of work for me so I’m not happy when they do that.

Sounds good! My history with those service appointments, though, is that they will call me a day or two ahead of time to let me know they moved it to another day… without even asking me… very hard to schedule time off of work for me so I’m not happy when they do that.

Since they are coming to you, is it possible to have them come to your work? I had to have them repair the glove compartment after they did other work and they came to work because I had to be in that day. Biggest problem with the switch in address was I live in the Rockville service center area and work in the Ownings Mills service center area so it had to be rescheduled.

Since they are coming to you, is it possible to have them come to your work? I had to have them repair the glove compartment after they did other work and they came to work because I had to be in that day. Biggest problem with the switch in address was I live in the Rockville service center area and work in the Ownings Mills service center area so it had to be rescheduled.
They reviewed my service request for Sept 28th at my house and now they changed it to October 27th at a location in Los Angeles, an hour away from my home/work…

You called it. Now it's bumped back to November and I have to take it in to the service center. Sigh.....