Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering feel p100d 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever compared the steering feel of different MY Model S Teslas?
The 2016 loaner pre facelift 90d en 85d cars I drove had a heavier (sportier) steering feel than my 2017 p100d. ( all in sport setting, all cars with air suspension, same software versions)
Am I hallucinating/ imagining this or has anyone else noticed the same?

Has anyone ever compared the steering feel of different MY Model S Teslas?
The 2016 loaner pre facelift 90d en 85d cars I drove had a heavier (sportier) steering feel than my 2017 p100d. ( all in sport setting, all cars with air suspension, same software versions)
Am I hallucinating/ imagining this or has anyone else noticed the same?

Doesn't the 100 have a much heavier battery pack? That must have some impact on the way the steering feels

You're not imagining things. Tesla changes steering assist levels and general 'steering feel' all the time.

I've driven many different configs and IMO the P85+ has the best (sportiest) feel. It's closely followed by the early P85Ds. Then there's a sliding scale all the way to the early 85 on 19" wheels that can best be described as 'wet noodle'. :)

Thank you for your answers.
Would really like to try a p85+ .
I think it's too bad they apparently changed the steering feel to this softer, more comfortable setting..
Maybe they could ad an extra steering feel option, 'supersport' or something like that.

Reactions: The Duke