Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What steering mode do you use most often?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard. I used "Sport" for a long time (first 6-8 months of ownership), but found that my arms would fatigue a bit on longer drives. While it was nice for more aggressive driving conditions, in the long haul I preferred the standard. I tried comfort but just couldn't get used to the 'mushy' feel to me.

How about speed sensitive steering? On the freeway, I want sport. Off the freeway, I want normal or comfort. The car should transition to less sensitive steering as the vehicle's speed increases. This has been available for many years in other vehicles. I assumed it would come as a software update at some point. It seems I may have been mistaken.

Comfort for around town, sport only when I am on the freeway for a long time - it is much more stable at high speed and less sensitive to little movements of the steering wheel. Comfort takes less steering effort to turn the car.

I too wish they would come out with a speed sensitive setting.

Comfort.

Started with sport for the 'feel' and 'responsiveness' and all the other thesaruical terms found in car reviews...quickly realized it's mostly mental. Comfort isnt mushy or vague, it's just easier to steer. If I were on a track, yeah, I'd probably change out of comfort...but then again I wouldn't waste my time taking a pig of a model S out on track in the first place!

For reference, my daily commute starts with (or ends with...) four miles of twisty road and--mostly due to the fact that I'm very immature for my age--I drive like quite a knob...so it's not like I'm babying my baby.

Just noticed this in the latest Owners Manual on the Specs Pages:

Steering.jpg

I'm pretty sure mine isn't speed sensitive...