Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering settings differs between P85 and P85D. No difference between comfort/sport.

Torpedo Ted

Oct 14, 2013
Norway
Does anyone know why Tesla "removed" the steering settings on P85? The buttons are still there, but after a software update a while ago (6.1?) the difference between the settings are barely noticable. In my P85D the behaviour is normal, like my P85 was at first. I thought it was a bug at first, but since it's still not fixed after a bunch of updates, and the P85D is not affected, I start to believe it's deliberate?

trils0n

2013 P85
Feb 12, 2013
SF Bay Area
My P85 the steering settings are as they always were. Comfort is very little effort to move the wheel, standard a little more effort, and sport the heaviest. Running the latest software.

TurboFroggy

Dec 5, 2012
Everett, WA
Does anyone know why Tesla "removed" the steering settings on P85? The buttons are still there, but after a software update a while ago (6.1?) the difference between the settings are barely noticable. In my P85D the behaviour is normal, like my P85 was at first. I thought it was a bug at first, but since it's still not fixed after a bunch of updates, and the P85D is not affected, I start to believe it's deliberate?

Try rebooting both screens. There were issues a while ago that after a firmware update that changes to the steering settings didn't start taking affect until a reboot was done.

Torpedo Ted

Oct 14, 2013
Norway
I have obviously rebooted - there's been 5+ SW updates since this issue occured.

So am I the only one with this issue?

Does your car have autopilot HW? My car was build Feb 2014.
Are you sure you know how hard sport is supposed to be? (I mean, have you tested a P85D for instance to confirm that it behaves the same?)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC