TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Steering settings differs between P85 and P85D. No difference between comfort/sport.

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Torpedo Ted, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Torpedo Ted

Torpedo Ted Member

Does anyone know why Tesla "removed" the steering settings on P85? The buttons are still there, but after a software update a while ago (6.1?) the difference between the settings are barely noticable. In my P85D the behaviour is normal, like my P85 was at first. I thought it was a bug at first, but since it's still not fixed after a bunch of updates, and the P85D is not affected, I start to believe it's deliberate?

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

My P85 the steering settings are as they always were. Comfort is very little effort to move the wheel, standard a little more effort, and sport the heaviest. Running the latest software.

3. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Same for my P85. Unchanged.

4. TurboFroggy

TurboFroggy Member

Try rebooting both screens. There were issues a while ago that after a firmware update that changes to the steering settings didn't start taking affect until a reboot was done.

5. Torpedo Ted

Torpedo Ted Member

I have obviously rebooted - there's been 5+ SW updates since this issue occured.

So am I the only one with this issue?

Does your car have autopilot HW? My car was build Feb 2014.
    Are you sure you know how hard sport is supposed to be? (I mean, have you tested a P85D for instance to confirm that it behaves the same?)

6. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

No issues here with my 2013 P85. I'm on the latest firmware, steering behaves as it always has in these three modes.

7. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

P85+ on 6.2 and the three modes still feel distinct on my car.