Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

steering wheel at NON AP MODE move away from median.

yossi

Mar 14, 2018
brooklyn
Drove today close to median on the left lane alarm was sound and the steering wheel push to the right away from the median
anyone else has that happened before?
i was not aware of that i was with 2 hands on the wheel and not in AP mode
2017 M3 13XX

yossi

Mar 14, 2018
brooklyn
Never heard of auto steering input when not in AP. Was there a rut in the road that could have moved the steering?
Nope my wife said last week that happen to her twice i didn't really believed her thought of the same thing that it was something on the road

i have 2018.13 to be clear

brobinson

May 23, 2018
Ohio
My understanding is that this is part of side collision avoidance. I haven't been brave enough to 'test' it on my non-EAP model 3 just yet.

Lane assist will just vibrate the wheel, collision avoidance will nudge it if it thinks you are going to crash.

Reactions: e-FTW

Krazaak

Jul 30, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Another vote for side collision avoidance. We don't have EAP active on the Model 3, but I've had it intervene when a truck drifted into my lane on the Model X.

I believe it is only active when EAP detects the lane markers and it won't swerve out of your lane to avoid the collision, so if something is coming far enough into your lane you need to react.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC