TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Steering wheel audio select source gone?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Dazureus, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

With the version 8.0 software update, I'm not seeing the audio source selection menu item after pressing the lower right steering wheel menu button. I kind of liked that feature. I know the new software introduced cycling through favorites with long presses of the left side steering wheel buttons, but it's only cycling, not direct selection of radio, slacker, phone, etc. Did this feature move somewhere else?

• Informative x 1
  2. jrichey

jrichey Member

I noticed this too. Kinda stinks as I used it a decent amount. Can't figure out how to bring it back...

3. flashflood

flashflood Member

This was taken away in 8.0 and there's no way to get it back -- other than hope Tesla reads these forums and fixes it in 8.1.

4. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

It's odd that they have "contacts" and "recent calls" but removed the audio source. I enjoyed not having to touch the screen to switch sources.

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Yes, it's gone and that's super annoying. Hopefully it was an oversight related to overhauling the media player and they bring it back in 8.1.

6. adamcb

adamcb Member

This is the biggest deficit for me with v.8. Hope we see it back in 8.1. Can't think of any (logical) reason they removed it.

7. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

It does a better job of staying on my iPhone as source. I used to often have to re-connect. So for me this fix has meant the steering wheel elimination hasn't mattered.