Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Steering wheel Audio volume stopped working after latest software

G2019

Apr 16, 2019
Austin
On my Model X, the Audio volume up and down on the steering wheel stopped working after the latest software update over the weekend. The mute works fine but is not able to increase or decrease the volume. I already did soft resets and power off - still no luck. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Billstickers
Upvote 0
Running 2021.36.5.1 on my X with MCU2. The left button and wheel stopped working yesterday and the instrument cluster was very slow to respond. After a full power down by pulling the HV safety loop under under hood and pulling the 12V ground and left the car powered off for 5 minutes. After the car did a full reboot it started working again.

On my Model X, the Audio volume up and down on the steering wheel stopped working after the latest software update over the weekend. The mute works fine but is not able to increase or decrease the volume. I already did soft resets and power off - still no luck. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance.
I dropped my X off this morning here in Baltimore at Tesla of Owings Mills because of this same issue. This afternoon 4:48 pm they sent a approval invoice of $1288.93 to fix steering volume control on my steering wheel. They must be out their mind. Tesla looking like the good old boys with this one. SMH. I will be doing the power down and negative ground trick to see if that works when I get it back tomorrow.

I dropped my X off this morning here in Baltimore at Tesla of Owings Mills because of this same issue. This afternoon 4:48 pm they sent a approval invoice of $1288.93 to fix steering volume control on my steering wheel. They must be out their mind. Tesla looking like the good old boys with this one. SMH. I will be doing the power down and negative ground trick to see if that works when I get it back tomorrow.
I'm sorry. I must not be reading this correctly. $1300?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC