Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Center Bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my new steering wheel directly from China. Shocked it wasn’t a core, came with scroll wheels and airbag cover.

Anyone know what size the center bolt is for removal? Seems some of the Tesla accessories sellers include it when they sell the core so I looked around and couldn’t find it posted.

73FACD00-CF65-4C15-AC9F-9C84DB246548.jpeg

Just got my new steering wheel directly from China. Shocked it wasn’t a core, came with scroll wheels and airbag cover.

Anyone know what size the center bolt is for removal? Seems some of the Tesla accessories sellers include it when they sell the core so I looked around and couldn’t find it posted.

View attachment 627147

That looks sweet, how much did it cost? Will you be able to use the heated steering wheel function? I'm hoping yes but I have a feeling the wiring you need won't be there.

I had mobile service tech install my CF wheel and he just reused the OEM bolt. I believe he used a 10mm hex (not torx) bit to remove the bolt.
Thanks!

That looks sweet, how much did it cost? Will you be able to use the heated steering wheel function? I'm hoping yes but I have a feeling the wiring you need won't be there.

It was $513 after some AliExpress coupons
Doubt it but I don’t have a heated steering wheel

I had mobile service tech install my CF wheel and he just reused the OEM bolt. I believe he used a 10mm hex (not torx) bit to remove the bolt.im
The wheel looks great! I'm having a hard time finding someone to to complete my steering wheel install. The closest Tesla service center, which is just 2 minutes from home, says it can't do it due to liability risk. The core is a Model 3 core. How'd you get the mobile tech to come out and install it?

The wheel looks great! I'm having a hard time finding someone to to complete my steering wheel install. The closest Tesla service center, which is just 2 minutes from home, says it can't do it due to liability risk. The core is a Model 3 core. How'd you get the mobile tech to come out and install it?
I made an appointment on the app which the SC cancelled a few days later. I visited the SC to see why it was cancelled and was told they don't install aftermarket parts. I had the wheel with me and it was prominently marked inside the hub with Tesla labels / part numbers. Once I showed them this they agreed to put the mobil appointment back on the schedule. The service manager had to sign off on the appointment.