Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel control knob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Seems a pretty standard issue.
250$ At Tesla for what I’ve read.
I’ll fix it as soon as I can find a used spare part. Seems no big deal.
The harder task seems to be the finding of this part. (Ref is 1013242-00)

My steering wheel control knob for the volume has broken. I saw a couple of videos of people replacing them on youtube. Should I try or take it to Tesla?

anyone know rough cost?

Just had exactly that done on my 2015 MS. The cost here (UK) was £311 plus tax of 20%.

I have seen the parts for sale on ebay and both sets of controls (left and right) are on a shared loom. I didn't fancy taking out the airbag so decided to get it done by Tesla.

My steering wheel control knob for the volume has broken. I saw a couple of videos of people replacing them on youtube. Should I try or take it to Tesla?

anyone know rough cost?
Pretty easy DIY Fix there is a you tube of it, two screws to remove airbag two to remove each controller loosen the 4 big horn screws a bit (note screw position cause if you overtighten the horn will stay on! ask me why I know). Controllers plus loom $200 and if tesla fixes it add another 200 and lose your car for the day. Ive replaced mine 5 times but I have a lemon