Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel controls confirmed - "feels like a spaceship"!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know pencils are way up, however I wouldn't mind if Tesla's spaceship feel was pulled directly out of this Mercedes.

I absolutely hate HUD's, however this one could probably grow on me.

That bar around the middle kinda looks like the M3's bar.

maybach 6.jpg

I know pencils are way up, however I wouldn't mind if Tesla's spaceship feel was pulled directly out of this Mercedes.

I absolutely hate HUD's, however this one could probably grow on me.

That bar around the middle kinda looks like the M3's bar.

View attachment 201268
Um, how do I put this - yuck!

That's photoshopped. The buttons don't even line up correctly.

That's no where close to spaceship like. That's not even prius like.

Yeah, but it is "spaceship" like enough to not be considered a "weird-mobile".

I would be completely satisfied if they showed something similar to this in the final reveal.

As a lefty, a center console sidestick (operated with the right hand) would probably be a dealbreaker. To your point, I suppose there are those who would equate "lefty" with "handicapped" :)

The Cirrus airplane I used to fly has a left-hand side-stick controller. It took about 30 seconds to get used to. Very comfortable, with an armrest to put your wrist right where it needs to be. Flying from the co-pilot's seat meant switching to the right hand. That took a while longer, at least a minute.

If we ever have a "totally autonomous" Tesla, it needs to have a joystick. Because when there's an earthquake or a flood or a blizzard causing the road markings to become totally obscured or the road to just be missing, I need a way to navigate out of the mess.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture