Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel extention

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I did not think about : in normal cars you have to disconnect the 12V not to let the airbag go off
What about the Tesla ????

Most cars have an airbag module, and the airbag can still deploy even if you disconnect 12v power. I would contact Tesla for the exact procedure before attempting this.

I had a meeting with Tesla and they will submit the part to their engineers to get an approuved installation
This part is the solution for tall people to get a perfect driving position and also be able to read the speedometer correctly without sight being blocked by the upper steering wheel

I had a meeting with Tesla and they will submit the part to their engineers to get an approuved installation
This part is the solution for tall people to get a perfect driving position and also be able to read the speedometer correctly without sight being blocked by the upper steering wheel

Keep us posted. If Tesla approves this I might just go for it.

I have the reply from Tesla :

Eric,

I have had a response from America engineering Department.

It has been said that altering the design of the car shall not be done by Tesla or Tesla Service. We cannot support this alteration because we cannot know what may happen based upon this action. The airbag may not function properly, or other functions may be disrupted. If the customer wants to put the spacer in himself, or at a non Tesla Service location, it will indeed invalidate the vehicle warranty.

Hope you understand the concerns and this does not cause too much inconvenience while you still enjoy your Tesla driving experience.

Regards