Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Icon Moves when in Autosteer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drtimhill

Apr 25, 2019
Seattle
Ok, this is probably going to sound so dumb...

I only just noticed today that when I have autosteer/NoA engaged, the steering wheel icon on the screen, as well as turning from gray to blue (to show the car is steering), also actually TURNS left/right as the car turns, or as I tug the wheel gently to show I'm still awake.

Is this new? I dont recall seeing this before in over a year of using AP?

yes, a better plan. Too many people spend too much time looking for those orange cones on the display :)
I saw a section of cones the other day and was impressed how the visualization showed it perfectly, I was more impressed when the following day that same section of cones had one of the cones knocked over and I’ll be damned - the screen showed the cone on its side! Really cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I saw a section of cones the other day and was impressed how the visualization showed it perfectly, I was more impressed when the following day that same section of cones had one of the cones knocked over and I’ll be damned - the screen showed the cone on its side on my screen! Really cool.
I guess you knocked them over on the previous day? :) Just kidding. Yes, there are some cool graphics which I hope will not tempt me to look more at the display instead of the road.

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82
I guess you knocked them over on the previous day? :) Just kidding. Yes, there are some cool graphics which I hope will not tempt me to look more at the display instead of the road.
My personal favorite is when a group of motorcycles is in front of you and it shows them in the same formation on the screen. The attention to detail is mind blowing.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
My personal favorite is when a group of motorcycles is in front of you and it shows them in the same formation on the screen. The attention to detail is mind blowing.
yea, and fortunately they are not spinning around in a circle like cars used to do when I stopped at a traffic light. NOW, when the display starts showing the "Hells Angels" logo on the back of their jackets, I'll be really impressed :D

Reactions: ScoobyDoo82