Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel low vibration feedback from road.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The steering wheel feel like holding an electric toothbrush when driving at highway speed. The vibration is really subtle but it tends to tire my arms after a while. I recently had the SC install the winter tire package and center the steering wheel. I do not believe I felt this before those changes.

It seems that either something is lose in the steering wheel or something with the tires.

Any experiences with this?

The steering wheel feel like holding an electric toothbrush when driving at highway speed. The vibration is really subtle but it tends to tire my arms after a while. I recently had the SC install the winter tire package and center the steering wheel. I do not believe I felt this before those changes.

It seems that either something is lose in the steering wheel or something with the tires.

Any experiences with this?
I have the exact same experience in my M3 LR. I have 2200 miles and started about 150 miles ago. I had the tires balanced by America’s tires this week after they said the balance was off, but it did not fix my issue.

Nope still has it, I beginning to think it’s just the cars suspension. I’ve driven a couple other 3’s including one with the mountain pass coil overs and a Y and they all had some sort of vibration, mine just seems to be more pronounced than others and maybe that’s why I’ve never been able to find anyone posting a fix.

I just did a road force balance at America tire (again) and no change. I’m “trying” to get use to it, but hard not to notice it. I actually tried a thick steering wheel cover thinking maybe it would mute it, turned out to have the opposite effect, actually amplified it.

Reducing tire pressure from 42PSI to 39PSI seemed to minimally help.