Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel misalignment - 2 weeks old car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, got my M3 2 weeks ago, after a long drive I realised there’s a steering wheel misalignment, it keeps pulling to the right while driving, so I booked in a service and the estimate cost is $407?! 😵‍💫 totally shocked, has anyone has similar issue?

Hi, got my M3 2 weeks ago, after a long drive I realised there’s a steering wheel misalignment, it keeps pulling to the right while driving, so I booked in a service and the estimate cost is $407?! 😵‍💫 totally shocked, has anyone has similar issue?
They always give a cost estimate for the work even if it's under warranty. In the warranty case of course there is no charge in reality.

Its a warranty job. My S had the same issue, but noticed immediatel. They realigned the wheels but couldnt get the steering straight. Turned out the sub-frame wasn’t straight. All good once that was fixed. Couple of loose bolts wern’t helping. Factory lunch bell must have gone off half way through my build.

Same here. Picked up 2022 MS. Notice the steering yoke was off to the right after a few hundred miles and Misaligned warm came out. Soon, auto hold, lane change warning, and other warning came out. Got an SC appointment a month later. Took it in yesterday and in a few hours, the issues were fixed. SC did not charge me but called it "Good Will" no charge (instead of warranty repair). This is tricky because if the car had more mileage on it, they would tag it as normal wear and tear or accuse you for hitting the tire on something.