Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel position no longer tied to profile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that our steering wheel no longer repositions itself when switching profiles. It can still be manually moved with the control stalk, but when switching profiles you just hear a little motor sound but no movement. Anyone else had this happen? I've got a SC visit scheduled for Friday but wondering what might be the cause.

It appears that our steering wheel no longer repositions itself when switching profiles. It can still be manually moved with the control stalk, but when switching profiles you just hear a little motor sound but no movement. Anyone else had this happen? I've got a SC visit scheduled for Friday but wondering what might be the cause.
Same thing started happening to our MX. Not sure why... no firmware updates prior to that. However, when I click on the profile on the touch screen, the steering wheel adjusts

Same thing started happening to our MX. Not sure why... no firmware updates prior to that. However, when I click on the profile on the touch screen, the steering wheel adjusts

Likewise ... experienced this same thing yesterday (seat/mirrors adjusted from the other driver to my profile via unique fob detection, but not steering wheel position, until I explicitly selected my driver profile on the touchscreen)

Interesting. The wheel doesn't move even when I select the profiles from the touchscreen. I know the wheel CAN move because the stalk works. I wonder why I hear what sounds like a mechanical sound near the wheel when I switch profiles. I would think the motors would be controlled by the same board the stalk talks to?

Back to the service center on Friday, hopefully it's an easy quick fix.

RTFM.
"
Adjusting Position
Adjust the steering wheel to the desired
driving position by moving the control on the
left side of the steering column. Using this
control, you can move the steering wheel
forward and backward and up and down.
Warning: Do not make adjustments while
driving"
upload_2017-3-22_22-50-18.png

Reactions: bushburner