TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Steering Wheel / Rack Clicking

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by IAMBABYJ, May 10, 2017.

1. IAMBABYJ

IAMBABYJ New Member

Hey Guys,

New to the forum and a new 100D Model X Owner... I love the car and have had no issues thus far in my 2 weeks of ownership (thank god!) until today.

When I turn the steering wheel while stationary from left to right I can hear a faint but apparent clicking from inside the cabin and as well as outside the car. I drove the car about 30 miles on the highway and when I was able to come to a complete stop the clicking was no longer there; however after another mile or so once in a parking lot the clicking was there again.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks!

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

I've not experienced the issue you describe, but I would call Tesla right away and ask about it. I would be concerned that something is loose in the steering mechanism.

3. IAMBABYJ

IAMBABYJ New Member

Tesla cleaned out rock / sand debris from underneath the bash plate, issue was resolved and reappeared 24 hours later.

4. ryantank

ryantank Member

I hear the same clicking noise when turning the steering wheel left or right while the car is stationary. Should I take it in? Others have the same behavior in another forum, so I thought it was just normal for the newer builds?

• Helpful x 1