Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel tilt adjustment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EE7A

Mar 30, 2022
PDX
Hi! First post here, lol. Something that has been bothering me since I bought my car over two years ago (which I haven't bothered to really look into until now)-- is there any possible way to adjust the tilt of the steering column down lower than the currently lowest point? I'm not tall, and with the seat set to the most comfortable driving position for me, the top of the steering wheel covers like 2+" of the bottom of the windshield when looking out from the driver seat. I can see _under_ the steering wheel, lol. I've just kinda dealt with it up to this point, but have been looking into getting an aftermarket steering wheel after seeing the new wheel on the updated S. All other issues with that design aside, it would definitely help me personally from a visibility standpoint.

I rather like the stock wheel though. I've been trying to find out if the lowest limit is like a physical stop somewhere that prevents the motor from traveling any further, or if the issue is in the motor itself which physically can't go any lower. Pretty much any search I have tried so far is just a bunch of RTFM posts about how to adjust the steering wheel. I feel like I'm pretty efficient with Google, but it is possible I'm just not looking in the right places. Some technical documentation on how the steering column adjustment functions would be swell, but i doubt i will find anything. Curious to know if anyone here is familiar with the inner workings on this?

I'm probably just going to end up with a new steering wheel probably, despite that not being my first choice. Figured the ask was worth a shot though.