TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Steering Wheel travel distance

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Walex, Dec 19, 2019.

?

How far does your steering wheel travel?(from corner of dash,at furthest point)

1. Less then 9 1/2 inch

100.0%
  2. Less then 10 inch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Between 10 and 10 1/2 inch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10 1/2 inch or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Walex

Walex New Member

I just notice after bringing my model 3 sr+ car into service and getting a model 3 loaner that my steering wheel doesn't travel as far as it used to. For reference i mesured the travel distance from the corner of the dash to as far as the steering would travel, got 3 different measurement, from 3 different model 3.

My model 3 steering at furthest point from the dash is 9inch 1/4
    The loaner 10inch 3/4.
    My friend's model 3 11inch.

So i am wondering how far you guys's steering wheel travels at furthest point.

I ask my SA, and told me a story about

2. Walex

Walex New Member

I ask my SA, and he told me a story about some might have different part numbers based on their VIN but when i reference to Tesla parts site, it just shows one part number for the steering column, no vin required.

I booked a appointment through the app, but i would really like to have more reference before then.

i can upload a photo of where i took the measurement if needed..

Thanks

3. Walex

Walex New Member

Can anyone chime in ?

4. jmaddr

jmaddr Member

Have you tried changing the steering weight and see if that affects anything?