Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel turned right 45 degree every time the car is parked.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 m3p. Just started doing this a month or 2 ago where the steering wheel turn right about 45 degree when parked every time.

If my turned my wheel to the left about 45 degree before car is parked. The wheel would be straight. It doesn't seem to affect actual driving but just annoying that the wheel isn't straight every morning.

2022 m3p. Just started doing this a month or 2 ago where the steering wheel turn right about 45 degree when parked every time.

If my turned my wheel to the left about 45 degree before car is parked. The wheel would be straight. It doesn't seem to affect actual driving but just annoying that the wheel isn't straight every morning.
Does your leg drag on the wheel as you get out?

I wonder what if any is the steering wheel offset on your M3P. You can see this using in-car Service Mode.

Not a repair advice, since I have not cleared the 0.5° offset on my 22 M3P, but would be telling to see what your car is at. 20221125_190304.jpg

Attachments

• 20221125_190433.jpg
    20221125_190433.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 111

What, the steering wheel moves on its own? Phantom steering? Can you take a video of this behavior?

Reactions: DocHolliday