TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Steering wheel turns to left automatically when stopped

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SpaceshipPilot, Sep 3, 2018.

1. SpaceshipPilot

Got my AWD last Thursday, awesome car overall despite some small issues I need to send it to SC next Wednesday.

Trying out the EAP during the weekend and noticed a weird behavior: in local stop and go traffic, the steering wheel will always make about 5 degree left turn when stopped. This is the picture I took. Note that the car is already in the center before the wheel turns.

AAFDE36A-343B-4AA6-8C27-B73147E9ACC4.jpeg

When traffic resumes, the wheel is returned to the front center position.

Anyone seeing the same issue? Is it normal?

2. TurboCJ

TurboCJ Member

Mine does the same on my DM/AWD. Seems odd to me as well!

3. SpaceshipPilot

I talked to the adviser in SC (needed a front seat replacement due to airbag warnings:(), and he told me to wait until 3000 miles to see if it changes. He claims that model 3 is constant learning the road and will adjust overtime.

4. GuyDude

GuyDude Member

sounds like a bug with AWD! I've have my LR since March and it has never done this.

5. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I noticed my car turned the wheel by itself after I park. This only happened a couple of times, but it's a weird bug.