Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happens when I am not departing from a lane.

If it's not the lane departure warning which you can check in the car settings then I'd bet you've got a wheel or two that has lost some wheel weights. It's easy to check, just look on the inside of the wheels (yes all four) and look for the little square/rectangle weights, you'll notice if one isn't with his friends anymore as there will be an empty spot or two and a bunch of glue/adhesive. If that's what it is, just take it to your favorite local tire/wheel shop and have it rebalanced or schedule with Tesla but that could take awhile.

If it's not the lane departure warning which you can check in the car settings then I'd bet you've got a wheel or two that has lost some wheel weights. It's easy to check, just look on the inside of the wheels (yes all four) and look for the little square/rectangle weights, you'll notice if one isn't with his friends anymore as there will be an empty spot or two and a bunch of glue/adhesive. If that's what it is, just take it to your favorite local tire/wheel shop and have it rebalanced or schedule with Tesla but that could take awhile.
Yeah if it’s happening at a consistent speed then it’s probably a wheel out of balance. Other possibilities are the wheel itself is out of round or there is an issue with the tire. Those are pretty unlikely since the car is brand new. Definitely needs to be checked.

Reactions: Matsayz