Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel / Yoke option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there is no way to get the yoke one if you order the round wheel
Thus, if you order yoke, you can get the retrofit later on
That means- order the yoke
?
No way to get yoke if order a round....
If order yoke can retrofit round...
So ... order yoke.

Trying to figure out what you're saying. In any case you can get what you want.
=>If want yoke order it on config page.
=>If want round order it on config page

Reactions: iamnid
?
So ... order yoke.

Trying to figure out what you're saying. You can get what you want.
=>If want yoke oder it on config page.
=>If want round order it on config page

I am saying if you order the wheel, you are stuck with it for the life of the car since there is no option to order the yoke.

Looks like there is no way to get the yoke one if you order the round wheel
Thus, if you order yoke, you can get the retrofit later on
That means- order the yoke
?
So ... order yoke.

Trying to figure out what you're saying.
I'm sure it would still be possible to order a yoke through the parts department to install, even if there's no official Tesla Shop retrofit for the yoke. Although I doubt it would be difficult to find someone who wants your round wheel in exchange for their yoke anyway. There's also plenty of used yokes on eBay for far less than $700 too.

Haha. Mine is so poorly installed I can see some of the double-sided tape poking out.
I've been meaning to schedule an appointment to fix mine but now maybe I'll wait for the new part to come out and install it myself. At least that way I know if it starts coming off too it's my fault 🤣

Reactions: zoomer0056
I'm sure it would still be possible to order a yoke through the parts department to install, even if there's no official Tesla Shop retrofit for the yoke. Although I doubt it would be difficult to find someone who wants your round wheel in exchange for their yoke anyway. There's also plenty of used yokes on eBay for far less than $700 too.

I've been meaning to schedule an appointment to fix mine but now maybe I'll wait for the new part to come out and install it myself. At least that way I know if it starts coming off too it's my fault 🤣
Yeah I'll wait for the new part. Likely won't cost much

Curious if they fixed the horn too
I have a relatively early 2021 refresh but thought sometime after I got mine that Tesla moved the horn back to the center of the steering wheel (I mean yoke).

Yoke you get used to. Horn is a much bigger thing. First three months I had the car, I (a) couldn't find the horn and barely avoided an accident (hair raising maneuvering on the highway) when someone changed lanes into my lane who didn't see me, and (b) barely found the horn in time in the parking lot watching some clueless person back straight into the side of my new car (cursing while pushing all the buttons on the steering wheel setting everything off until I hit the horn).

Reactions: gregoryg
I have a relatively early 2021 refresh but thought sometime after I got mine that Tesla moved the horn back to the center of the steering wheel (I mean yoke).

Yoke you get used to. Horn is a much bigger thing. First three months I had the car, I (a) couldn't find the horn and barely avoided an accident (hair raising maneuvering on the highway) when someone changed lanes into my lane who didn't see me, and (b) barely found the horn in time in the parking lot watching some clueless person back straight into the side of my new car (cursing while pushing all the buttons on the steering wheel setting everything off until I hit the horn).
This totally has been my experience as well. I love the yoke, but moving the horn to a tiny button could be fatal. I wonder what Tesla was thinking and I also wonder how much feedback they received from the beta testers. I understand that their philosophy or principle is to rethink everything, but why push this far? It's not even like it's a cool feature to impress your friends (like the Yoke), or it is going to increase sales or cut costs? Although, you can mash that whole area -- not that tiny portion-- and the honk will be a beep beep beep kind of sound (like a machine gun firing).

Reactions: Mark II

Here’s a relevant thread: Yoke horn button move?

Sounds like recent builds have the hardware in the yoke necessary for the center of the yoke to be the horn, but the necessary software update is still missing.

So, maybe, sometime in the future when the software side is finally done, you could possibly get your yoke replaced with a newer one and get what you want.