Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheels sometimes vibrate do to front tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone can explain to me whether if this is normal behavior for 3000 miles MX P100D? When I accelerate, sometimes I notice the steering wheels vibrate and I know it is comes from the front tires vibrate/wiggling short time? I tried to figure out whether it is from the road not smooth surface or from my car front end. Do you think I need tire alignment or rotation being a showroom car? I does not happen all the times but I feel it on the steering wheel when it happen on the short burst time. Maybe it is just how electric motor send the torque on to the front wheels. How do I confirm this?

Anyone can explain to me whether if this is normal behavior for 3000 miles MX P100D? When I accelerate, sometimes I notice the steering wheels vibrate and I know it is comes from the front tires vibrate/wiggling short time? I tried to figure out whether it is from the road not smooth surface or from my car front end. Do you think I need tire alignment or rotation being a showroom car? I does not happen all the times but I feel it on the steering wheel when it happen on the short burst time. Maybe it is just how electric motor send the torque on to the front wheels. How do I confirm this?

If it happens during acceleration, it might be the classic Model X "shudder". Does it disappear if the suspension is set to low or extra low? Does it get worse when the suspension is set to high?

I turn lane departure off and is not it. I am curious does MX 2018 has steering wheel vibration function or only M3 car?
What do you mean by classic MX "shudder" during acceleration? I will check on the suspension Low and High to see it effect the tires sometimes vibration and let you know.

Sounds like shudder. I have a 2017 100D and the jack shafts and axle have been replaced twice and the issue still exists. Its a systemic prob and not sure when there is a fix for it. Low suspension usually eliminates it. Its awful I know.

I turn lane departure off and is not it. I am curious does MX 2018 has steering wheel vibration function or only M3 car?
What do you mean by classic MX "shudder" during acceleration? I will check on the suspension Low and High to see it effect the tires sometimes vibration and let you know.
Yes, sounds like the shutter problem to me. Especially if you feel it between the speeds of about 30 mph to 40 mph when you accelerate a bit harder than normal. Research "shutter" on this site to learn more. As other poster says, lower the suspension to "low" or "very low" and test it again.

I lower my suspension then to the highest, it does not make a differences. Not occurs very often. Very small vibration on the front tires. Once a while for a couple seconds. I will do more testing that it might be something else. For little over 3000 miles, the shutter problem you descripte should not be an issue for new car.

I lower my suspension then to the highest, it does not make a differences. Not occurs very often. Very small vibration on the front tires. Once a while for a couple seconds. I will do more testing that it might be something else. For little over 3000 miles, the shutter problem you descripte should not be an issue for new car.
Every find a fix or cause?

I only noticed the shaking vibration on the steering wheel when I drive over the side of the road where the road is not smooth. Once I stay on the lane it is fine. I feels this MX than any other ICE car I drove. So I am not sure there is a fix for it.