Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

STEK matte PPF wrap in progress - 2022 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning on wrapping my white MYP matte/satin. I have PPF on the front of all of my cars already. So that's part of it. The other part is I just want to look a little different than every other white MY on the road. :) Oh, dark tint as well and more open wheels to make the red calipers pop. :)
You just described 90% of the white Model Y's in socal and norcal 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

What exactly is fake about it? It looks like fake paint? What does fake paint look like? It amazes me how people can determine what is worthy to others. I wonder do you have Homelink, or is that a waste of money as well? What about 21-inch Turbines, or a performance model, or a color other than the free one. See how one's opinions are best kept to one's self? Unless it is your money, or a child of yours, you cannot tell someone what they should or should not do with their money.
The sheen is way off. I owned a matterhorn white GV70 and parked next to a Y and S with a matte wrap. One of which was white and the other gray. The wrap looks very fake and as everyone knows you cant get a Tesla with matte paint. Matte wrap makes the car look more like primer or super dirty gloss paint. When you see a BMW, mercedes, or a genesis on the road with factory matte paint you will understand. Put them side by side with a wrap and you will see how bad it actually looks.

Matte PPF is the 2020's version of a type R badge, or some other fake thing people have been putting on theirs cars for decades. When you see that 328i with an M badge or stock GT with big caliper covers. Same thing.

This is a public forum. If you dont like others opinions then I would suggest stoping paying for your internet, or grow thicker skin. As I said multiple times "Its your money".

The sheen is way off. I owned a matterhorn white GV70 and parked next to a Y and S with a matte wrap. One of which was white and the other gray. The wrap looks very fake and as everyone knows you cant get a Tesla with matte paint. Matte wrap makes the car look more like primer or super dirty gloss paint. When you see a BMW, mercedes, or a genesis on the road with factory matte paint you will understand. Put them side by side with a wrap and you will see how bad it actually looks.

Matte PPF is the 2020's version of a type R badge, or some other fake thing people have been putting on theirs cars for decades. When you see that 328i with an M badge or stock GT with big caliper covers. Same thing.

This is a public forum. If you dont like others opinions then I would suggest stoping paying for your internet, or grow thicker skin. As I said multiple times "Its your money".
It probably has a lot to to with the install and the material used. But I get what you are saying.

I had mine in between a G 63 and 2 BMW M series (5 and 3) all with matte black paint. I am not sure what sheen you have seen; however, several people asked me when Tesla added the option for matte paint. Perhaps you have seen poor jobs, I don't know...and I wrote that statement erroneously, I did not mean people should keep their opinions to themselves, I have no problem with other people's opinions. My problem is those same people determining that someone wasted their money on something that they enjoy. Saying I don't think it's worth it is much different than it's a waste of money. Placing one's opinion on others is where my problem stems.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
Hi guys, Im new to the forum and in socal. Wanted to get a referral to a reputable ppf shop that can do a full ppf at a reasonable price. Budgeting with window and roof glass tint and full wrap at 5k possible?
It certainly can be had if you shop around....as the saying always goes "you get what you pay for"

You were probably looking at matte black vinyl wraps.

I can say for certain the STEK or XPEL MATTE/SATIN PPF sheen meets or exceeds that of what you would find on a painted car. It was engineered specifically that way, but please don't confuse this with a colored vinyl wrap.

Does this really look like "Primer" to you?

o.jpg

Reactions: samori01
Sorry for the delay in posting. Here’s ours. Full STEK satin PPF dynoshield from 925Tint in San Ramon. Highly recommended. Least expensive and highest quality. Great customer service. Jessika is great!

Attachments

• 343892B2-89FF-4669-B873-EE8ABB363AC8.jpeg
    343892B2-89FF-4669-B873-EE8ABB363AC8.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: kaiju.y
You were probably looking at matte black vinyl wraps.

I can say for certain the STEK or XPEL MATTE/SATIN PPF sheen meets or exceeds that of what you would find on a painted car. It was engineered specifically that way, but please don't confuse this with a colored vinyl wrap.

Does this really look like "Primer" to you?

View attachment 827881
Uh no. You are the one who is mistaken. I’ve owned a factory matte car and have seen many matte ppf cars in person. None of them look factory. The sheen does not look right. The local Tesla dealer usually has a couple matte wrapped cars there at any time of day getting service. I see them on the road. I see matte chargers, challengers, mustangs etc..

If people want fake matte paint be my guest. Your money. It’s no different than a type r badge on a regular civic or a 328 with an m badge. You do you my friend.

Uh no. You are the one who is mistaken. I’ve owned a factory matte car and have seen many matte ppf cars in person. None of them look factory. The sheen does not look right. The local Tesla dealer usually has a couple matte wrapped cars there at any time of day getting service. I see them on the road. I see matte chargers, challengers, mustangs etc..

If people want fake matte paint be my guest. Your money. It’s no different than a type r badge on a regular civic or a 328 with an m badge. You do you my friend.

Harsh words from the Hyundai driver.

I can’t even begin to understand how you correlate a fake M badge to paint protection film but you do you my friend.

I also question how many matte chargers and mustangs you see are dropping 6k on matte PPF, a 2500 dollar 3M color change wrap maybe, but matte PPF I highly doubt. I can barely find one on the internet, let alone daily on the highway.

Last edited:
Reactions: samori01
I definitely love the Stek line of PPF. I’m looking to get more Stek on my MYP lol. Here’s my MYP wrapped in Stek DynoPrism, Damascus Black and headlights in Stek Smoke.

Attachments

• CB0FA973-6BDC-499C-8AC5-281B47ECA78E.jpeg
    CB0FA973-6BDC-499C-8AC5-281B47ECA78E.jpeg
    942.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 622D0356-942B-4FE8-AAAE-2D4BECEABF85.jpeg
    622D0356-942B-4FE8-AAAE-2D4BECEABF85.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: GeoG