TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Step for Model X - suggestion appreciated

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Martin VanB, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

Hi, I am looking for a step for the Model X to help my wife get into the vehicle, any help would be appreciated. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

* Perhaps you have air suspension but the low option is helpful and can be set to remember at GPS locations (ie. your house, or friends).
    * Perhaps because there are no 'oh $hit' handles in these cars (in the way of air bags?)

Consider a step with a large stable platform that can be 4"/10cm or 8"/20cm -- think camper -- example: https://smile.amazon.com/Quick-Products-JQ-S150-Platform-X-Large/dp/B00IZZDRR0/ref=zg_bs_2290233011_7

[​IMG]

3. Watts 4 Me

Watts 4 Me Member

I saw this the other day. The strap is used to pull the step which folds as it's being pulled.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

• Like x 1
  5. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

6. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

What happened to the unappreciative OP? :) Martin VanB

7. teethdood

teethdood Member

I use this to sit and put my shoes on in the morning. My wife reads this forum. Don't give her any ideas to use it to get in and out of the MX. Next thing I know, my pants are all dirty in the butt area because of y'all's ideas.

8. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Ha! You need to spend $20 and get a second one for the car. $20 is a lot cheaper than a divorce.

9. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

Thanks, I was awol. Appreciate the idea. Anything that can bolt onto the X?