Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Roadster's Tesla improved the Roadsters continuously...A lot of the 2.5 improvements on 2.0's were during the build process. I am pretty sure that this type of philosophy will also be present in the Model S.

If i cannot get a deferred signature I will take delivery of my car when I am contacted. I have no desire to wait several additional months for a non sig model.

I guess the lesson that I learned from this is, not to believe everything that Tesla says.
I also believe *most* things Tesla says. They did not say much yet about the interior. So I also believe the silences have a lot to say.

Tesla in a sense is just like Apple, they don't want to show the product before it's finished. The difference is they have to drive on public road for tests. They can't hide the product. They sure can hide the interior ;)

Can't wait to see the real thing. Like everything else, it will be from out of space.

Tesla in a sense is just like Apple, they don't want to show the product before it's finished. The difference is they have to drive on public road for tests. They can't hide the product. They sure can hide the interior ;)

That would make sense if the only time we've seen the Model S is in spy shots... But they've set up multiple events for folks to come see, sit in and ride in the vehicles... So not a good comparison.

Can't wait to see the real thing. Like everything else, it will be from out of space.

If I PM you my shipping address, can you send me a package of that good stuff?

That would make sense if the only time we've seen the Model S is in spy shots... But they've set up multiple events for folks to come see, sit in and ride in the vehicles... So not a good comparison.

If I PM you my shipping address, can you send me a package of that good stuff?
lol ;)

The best vehicle in the world does not have a crappy interior.

Do you really think they will go to market with such a bad look? Am I the only one here seeing it?

C'mon people.

lol ;)

The best vehicle in the world does not have a crappy interior.

Do you really think they will go to market with such a bad look? Am I the only one here seeing it?

C'mon people.

But why psyche us out with such a "crappy interior"? That does not serve Tesla any good. I could certainly see if they were improving the center console off on the side and will surprise us with that. But even that is a bit of wishful thinking.

But why psyche us out with such a "crappy interior"? That does not serve Tesla any good. I could certainly see if they were improving the center console off on the side and will surprise us with that. But even that is a bit of wishful thinking.
The dash look really really bad on photo. No matter how good your Kodak is, you will not be able to take a sexy picture out of this hog.

It's just plain ugly. People don't buy ugly. The fans will, but that's it.

Don't under estimate them, you sound just like a short ;)

Steph,

1) I am one who's not particularly overjoyed by the interior...but I think it's far from hog ugly. Far from it. Actually, stacked up against the 5 series interior in the other thread, it's not too bad.

2) You don't have to get the banana leaf trim if you don't like the wood look. Get piano black or lacewood.

3) No way is a new company like Tesla--whose continued existence depends on getting the Model S out as soon as they can--Wasting their time (and likely millions of dollars) designing, tooling up, and fabricating "fake interiors" for marketing purposes. No way. And this spoken from an engineer who works with manufacturing every day.

4) Sounds like you really hate the interior and are in denial of what it will be. I'd suggest if that's the case, and it's going to stop you from getting the car, that you move on and not wait for a last minute show. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.

I work with manufacturing companies every day...aerospace, automotive, energy, and others. Even established automakers with cash reserves wouldn't waste millions on this.No offense, but your theory is just a pipe dream.

I think the most likely outcome is that Tesla will surprise us with a modularized console...but that's it for Model S 1.0.

Steph,

1) I am one who's not particularly overjoyed by the interior...but I think it's far from hog ugly. Far from it. Actually, stacked up against the 5 series interior in the other thread, it's not too bad.

2) You don't have to get the banana leaf trim if you don't like the wood look. Get piano black or lacewood.

3) No way is a new company like Tesla--whose continued existence depends on getting the Model S out as soon as they can--Wasting their time (and likely millions of dollars) designing, tooling up, and fabricating "fake interiors" for marketing purposes. No way. And this spoken from an engineer who works with manufacturing every day.

4) Sounds like you really hate the interior and are in denial of what it will be. I'd suggest if that's the case, and it's going to stop you from getting the car, that you move on and not wait for a last minute show. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.

I work with manufacturing companies every day...aerospace, automotive, energy, and others. Even established automakers with cash reserves wouldn't waste millions on this.No offense, but your theory is just a pipe dream.

I think the most likely outcome is that Tesla will surprise us with a modularized console...but that's it for Model S 1.0.

Well, I am not a fan nor a idealist. I look at the facts, read between the lines. I am an analyst (that's kinda my job)

The interior is sub standard for 2012. No questions. You are a fan and are emotionally involved, I am not. (Well, I'm a fan but a pragmatic one)

They have the best engineers in the world, the best designers, this is NOT the real interior.

Only time will tell but I pretty confident I am right. Let's wait and see.

also it seems that steph, you have only seen it in pictures? you really have to see it live. It does NOT photograph well. before I saw it live and could touch and feel and be part of the cabin I thought it was pretty old style american as well but having been in the car it's really quite nice. it turns towards the driver nicely and is not as flat and clunky as the pictures make you believe.

Pictures are everything in the age of social network. Let's wait and see, it will not take long before I am proven wrong (or right) ;)