TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stepping Out / Changing Role

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by bonnie, Feb 28, 2015.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

#1 bonnie, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Hey All -

With some sadness, after 3+ years moderating, I’ve decided to turn in my moderator badge. I’m totally looking forward to participating more fully in discussions, derailing threads (sorry guys!) at times, and perhaps even visiting Snippiness a little more often than I have already. (Apologies in advance to my soon-to-be-former moderating colleagues.)

I didn’t expect to gain a community when I bought a Roadster, but that’s exactly what happened. I’ve made some great friends here on the forum, many of you I’ve met in person at different events. Some really great moderators remain and some new ones have come on board. This forum is an amazing place full of smart, witty, interesting, knowledgeable, successful and kind people. (I even ended up going into business with one of you.) There’s no way I’d stay away.

I’ll see many of you perhaps at TMC Connect 2015, others at local events … and am looking at a 2nd Party At Picnic Creek, if people are interested. And if you’re looking for a 70amp charge on Plugshare, you might just end up at my house. (Must like dogs.) And of course, I’ll still see you all on the forum and/or twitter from time to time.

- Bonnie

2. Joel

Joel Active Member

Bonnie - Thanks for all your time and effort as a moderator. TMC is a better place because of it. You'll be missed as a Mod. Looking forward to your posts as a user.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ok B, gloves are off now! ;-)

Thank you for all you've done, and all the smiles (and outright laughing) you gave us so far.....and we look forward to much more of that even sans moderator badge.

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Thank you for all the moderation in moderation. :)

You're the most level headed person I've known over the past 5 years, and I'm not kidding. Hope to see you at TMC Connect.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thanks for all your hard work over the past couple years! Enjoy civilian life, but please try not to derail too many threads. :)

6. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

OMG! I could never fill your shoes, but you'll certainly be my mentor right? :crying:

I've seen you do so much work here, its truly amazing and can't thank-you enough. You are a great asset to this community no matter what aspect you participate in. Looking forward to seeing you this Summer and the picnic and TMC Connect.

Again thank-you So so much for 3 wonderful years on moderating... truly something I can aspire to live up to.

Hugs,
    Paul

7. ModelX

ModelX Member

Bonnie, I will be sad to see you leave as a moderator; I have really appreciated how you stand up for the female forum members on some of the less than tasteful threads! Glad you are still sticking with the forum!

8. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Thanks for all you've done bonnie! You'll be missed.

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Oh good lord, she's loose!

10. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Bummer - you have been a most exceptional moderator, but glad to see you will still be engaged with the community.

O

11. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Thank you for all your hard work Bonnie!

12. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Totally bummed, I thought you did a great job and you will be missed. Loved you perspective from many points of view I hope you still stay active on this forum.

13. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Moderation is a tedious task. Probably too busy driving her X Beta.

Thanks for your work.

14. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

You were a moderator?
    Thanks for all your work, Bonnie. Look forward to seeing you on the the plebeian side of things.

15. Larry93428

Larry93428 Member

Bonnie
    Yes, thanks so much!
    You have my highest respect.
    Enjoy retirement.
    ~Larry

16. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Thanks for all the hard work and contributions, Bonnie.

17. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

They are dropping like flies now! First, the dolphin man and now, the princess. Should we coin a new acronym PFMSD (Post-Forum Moderation Stress Disorder)?!

Seriously, thanks a ton, Bonnie. Many of your posts brought a smile to my face over the past 4 years. It was also a pleasure meeting you on a couple of occasions; hopefully, we'll make it to Picnic Creek this summer. Each time we pass your town on the way to/from Tahoe, my wife and I talk about you for a bit :)

18. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Thanks for all of your hard work here Bonnie!

19. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Only those who have ever worn the mantle can truly know what a PITA it must be to moderate a list like this. Can't thank you enough, Bonnie: you're the best.

20. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Oh wow, the second one to hand in their badge...
    Sorry to see you step down, but I completely understand - it's a thankless, tough job... one you did well.