Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stereo blasting on any door opening šŸ˜«

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ideally it should have a default volume you can set if the car has been asleep for a few hours.

Iā€™ve blasted myself a few times when it might have been a few days. Might be late at night in the garage that I open it.

One thing that always annoyed me is, donā€™t start HVAC until I start driving. Waste a lot of energy pack and unpacking the car.

I guess I'm j
This is missing the point though; itā€™s not just the volume, itā€™s that itā€™s playing at all. I queue up my favorite track so itā€™s ready to play when I do my next drive. But then while Iā€™m in the house, somebody else opens the rear door to get coats or adjust the car seat, and my playlist is partially advanced while nobody is even in the driverā€™s seat.

Or, explicit tracks start playing to the child who got in the car first (albeit playing more quietly in your case because youā€™re trying to work around the bug by flicking your volume control up and down every time you drive).

Thereā€™s really no justification for the current behavior of the music being cued to start from *any* door opening. Fixing it to only resume playback when opening the driverā€™s door would come pretty close to world peace.

Thereā€™s little subjectivity in this thread: thereā€™s a bug, it bothers some people, it doesnā€™t bother others, and some manually work around the bug by flicking the volume down or pausing playback after every drive. But ultimately the bug can only be fixed by Tesla if they decide to fix it.
I guess then, I'm just in the camp that isn't bothered by this. I would also be just as happy with the fix you propose.

But if Iā€™ve selected to STOP playing music prior to the end of my last drive. Why would I want to start playing music so I can just turn it down, so that when I get back in (and still donā€™t want music) it wonā€™t start playing loud music (long enough that I can turn it OFF AGAIN!!!!).

If it just remembered my last setting (music on, or off) Iā€™d be quite happy.

At the moment it INSISTS that I have to listen to music every time I get in.
That's not been my experience. If I've paused the music before I leave the car, it doesn't try to start when I return.

That's not been my experience. If I've paused the music before I leave the car, it doesn't try to start when I return.
Even if that's the case it's not desirable. If you power down your home theatre system, MP3 player, etc while it's playing, they don't resume playing when you power them back up. Having to pause the music every time you get out of your are an unnecessary nuisance.

Even if that's the case it's not desirable. If you power down your home theatre system, MP3 player, etc while it's playing, they don't resume playing when you power them back up. Having to pause the music every time you get out of your are an unnecessary nuisance.
But it would obviously be much worse if it started up when it hadn't even been playing when you got out.