Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stereo blasting on any door opening šŸ˜«

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My one frequent fixable complaint: PLEASE, Tesla, pause the stereo playback until only driverā€™s door opens (or just pause and let us press ā€œplayā€ when ready).

Drives me insane as Iā€™m usually the last to get in the car, and passengers in back seats (kids) canā€™t control audio, and neither can I until Iā€™m in the front seat (after loading trunk/messing with car seat/etc).

In the meantime, trying to get in the habit of manually pausing audio every time I get out of car.

I know this wonā€™t get fixed, but it feels a teeny bit better to vent. šŸ˜…

Uhh, I don't think this is expected. When I open a door, my stereo volume decreases slightly, even if it's the passenger door.
I think everything is working as designed - it's playing at the volume I normally listen to it at, and I usually drive alone. But when I send my kids to the car, as soon as they open a rear door, the music starts playing at the volume and of the selection I last left off with (for better or for worse for the kids šŸ˜…). It just seems dumb that music - which can't be controlled from the rear seats - would resume when a rear door opens.

Reactions: CyberGus
I think everything is working as designed - it's playing at the volume I normally listen to it at, and I usually drive alone. But when I send my kids to the car, as soon as they open a rear door, the music starts playing at the volume and of the selection I last left off with (for better or for worse for the kids šŸ˜…). It just seems dumb that music - which can't be controlled from the rear seats - would resume when a rear door opens.
Glad you know that everything is as designed and it's all your fault. šŸ˜‰

You're blasting music when by yourself, understandable. I do it too, but I always pause my music wen leaving.
You leave the music playing when leaving the car... It's like every other vehicle ever made. You leave the radio running at volume 11, you get that when you start the car. Your CD was playing when you stopped the car, the CD continues to play when you start it.

You leave the radio running at volume 11, you get that when you start the car. Your CD was playing when you stopped the car, the CD continues to play when you start it.
Exactly: Iā€™d get it when I start the car. BUT, Iā€™m not starting the car, just opening a rear passenger door. Oh sh1t, now Iā€™ve also got to open the driver door real quick and hit the screen! Wah, wah.

Having a proper proxy for ā€œstart the carā€ - like butt in seat, or press the brake (already DTRT for headlights and wipers) - would address this.

Reactions: E90alex
Update: I did discover that the app can pause the stereo - thatā€™s a nice assist.
My MY is doing this (music resumes on any door open), which is annoying.

Then today itā€™s started playing music via the bloody external speaker (when I open a door). WTAF?
Talk about embarrassing.

How did you get it to stay paused via the app?

My MY is doing this (music resumes on any door open), which is annoying.

Then today itā€™s started playing music via the bloody external speaker (when I open a door). WTAF?
Talk about embarrassing.

How did you get it to stay paused via the app?
Unfortunately no solution for this other than manually pause music before exiting vehicle every time. Stills bugs the s**t out of me daily.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
My personal preference I like that it plays music when the someone gets into the car, I don't want to have to hit play every darn time I get in to the drive.
I agree, I want it to play (only) when I get in to drive. Not when my kid opens a rear door to search for a lost stuffed animal or something. Automatically hit ā–¶ļø when the driver seat occupancy sensor triggers. Prior to that, it should STFU.

There is, It's a flick of the scroll wheel before you get out of the car, when you've been blasting the stereo.
But if Iā€™ve selected to STOP playing music prior to the end of my last drive. Why would I want to start playing music so I can just turn it down, so that when I get back in (and still donā€™t want music) it wonā€™t start playing loud music (long enough that I can turn it OFF AGAIN!!!!).

If it just remembered my last setting (music on, or off) Iā€™d be quite happy.

At the moment it INSISTS that I have to listen to music every time I get in.

Reactions: heavyD and RMannino
But if Iā€™ve selected to STOP playing music prior to the end of my last drive. Why would I want to start playing music so I can just turn it down, so that when I get back in (and still donā€™t want music) it wonā€™t start playing loud music (long enough that I can turn it OFF AGAIN!!!!).

If it just remembered my last setting (music on, or off) Iā€™d be quite happy.

At the moment it INSISTS that I have to listen to music every time I get in.
What I was saying, is that when you get done with your drive and you are listening to loud music, just "flick" or roll the scroll wheel down to a quiet level. So as not to disturb anyone getting into the car later. It's just that easy I do it all the time.

What I was saying, is that when you get done with your drive and you are listening to loud music, just "flick" or roll the scroll wheel down to a quiet level. So as not to disturb anyone getting into the car later. It's just that easy I do it all the time.
This is missing the point though; itā€™s not just the volume, itā€™s that itā€™s playing at all. I queue up my favorite track so itā€™s ready to play when I do my next drive. But then while Iā€™m in the house, somebody else opens the rear door to get coats or adjust the car seat, and my playlist is partially advanced while nobody is even in the driverā€™s seat.

Or, explicit tracks start playing to the child who got in the car first (albeit playing more quietly in your case because youā€™re trying to work around the bug by flicking your volume control up and down every time you drive).

Thereā€™s really no justification for the current behavior of the music being cued to start from *any* door opening. Fixing it to only resume playback when opening the driverā€™s door would come pretty close to world peace.

Thereā€™s little subjectivity in this thread: thereā€™s a bug, it bothers some people, it doesnā€™t bother others, and some manually work around the bug by flicking the volume down or pausing playback after every drive. But ultimately the bug can only be fixed by Tesla if they decide to fix it.