TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stereo volume lowers when opening driver's door. Why not all?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Camera-Cruiser, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Camera-Cruiser

Camera-Cruiser Fully Charged

Hi I have done a relativly poor search on this, but does anyone know how to make the MS lower the stereo volume when any door is opened, as opposed to just the driver's door? My kid is embarrassed when I pick her up from school and she opens the door. So this is really her request, but it actually makes sense that the volume would lower when any door was opened.

Or, is my CPO Telsa just broken?

Oh, since I know it bugs her, I tend to find some Van Halen, or get the Led out as I drive up. Does that make me a bad daddy?

2. Tdriver

Tdriver Member

pretty easy to lower volume or hit mute on the steering wheel.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

As far as I know, there is no way for an owner to do that.

4. deonb

deonb Active Member

5. vdiv

vdiv Chief Grump

It would be nice to have speed-controlled volume. The Model S is quiet, but still makes tire and wind noise on the highways. That would mitigate the need to lower the volume when opening the doors and embarrassing yourself and kids :)

While on the volume topic it would be nice to have more resolution on the Navi voice volume. 1 is often too quiet, 2 is yelling at me.

Sure all of this has been discussed here at length.

6. Camera-Cruiser

Camera-Cruiser Fully Charged

Thanks everyone. I'll add it to my list of things that I think should be obvious and easy to update via firmware, but haven't been.