TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Stereo Volume no longer drops when door opens.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by scottm, Aug 5, 2017.

1. scottm

scottm Active Member

#1 scottm, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Hoo-ray. Stereo volume used to diminish as soon as driver opened the door. Now it stays constant.

Just noticed today. Can't say when that change happened, pretty recently tho, I think. Or I'm a slow observer on some things.

Is there an unofficial release notes addendum being maintained on the web / cloud sourced by drivers who notice stuff, when Tesla is not specific about "enhancements and bug fixes"? It would be nice to make a side-note of all this stuff.

..Now, there are still about 1000 remaining fixes needed to audio system, but at least this is one "bug" (shitty feature) can be scratched off the list.

Of course, with this feature now removed, there'll be people screaming to have the volume drop returned... because they liked it that way. But really, I can't think of a purpose for it doing that before or a scenario where it would be beneficial. So... Good riddance! is my vote.

• Like x 1
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Did they really change that and didn't fix the volume speed enhancement (where the volume goes up with speed). I recall that was a missing feature also....

(Something BMW has had for a decade....)

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

Something an ICE car needs as the roar of the engine gets more as speed increases... or wind noise.... or road noise.. Or all of it together.

Ya, I know Tesla S isn't the quietest highway car... it suffers from road noise intrusion