Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stereo Volume no longer drops when door opens.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Hoo-ray. Stereo volume used to diminish as soon as driver opened the door. Now it stays constant.

Just noticed today. Can't say when that change happened, pretty recently tho, I think. Or I'm a slow observer on some things.

Is there an unofficial release notes addendum being maintained on the web / cloud sourced by drivers who notice stuff, when Tesla is not specific about "enhancements and bug fixes"? It would be nice to make a side-note of all this stuff.

..Now, there are still about 1000 remaining fixes needed to audio system, but at least this is one "bug" (shitty feature) can be scratched off the list.

Of course, with this feature now removed, there'll be people screaming to have the volume drop returned... because they liked it that way. But really, I can't think of a purpose for it doing that before or a scenario where it would be beneficial. So... Good riddance! is my vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lu Ann
D... volume speed enhancement (where the volume goes up with speed). [...]

(Something BMW has had for a decade....)

Something an ICE car needs as the roar of the engine gets more as speed increases... or wind noise.... or road noise.. Or all of it together.

Ya, I know Tesla S isn't the quietest highway car... it suffers from road noise intrusion