Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stick on vinyl number plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those not fancying ordering new plates, I read with interest in one of Jeremy's posts that the factory plates are actually metal (thanks for that JH). This means you can bend them a little and I did a de-frame this afternoon without ordering any new plates. Just some cheapy Halford double sided. I have some 3M VHB I used on my motorhome but it seemed a little drastic so this stuff will do.

It was lot more fun than doing my tax return which I will, of course, leave until 23:59 on 31st January.View attachment 503806 View attachment 503807 View attachment 503809 View attachment 503810

[N.B. Cat not included]

Did you ask Stockport not to put on?
I’m waiting 23:59 on 31st Jan.

Does the rear stick OK? Bought a set of plates which I gave to the detailing shop to install. They suggested leaving the rear due to recesses behind the plate holder.

Will speak to them again once lockdown is over.
The rear has a recess, so I stuck my stick on plate over the tesla metal plate and stuck that directly to the car, still looks very slick. See page 5 of this thread for my pics white m3

Last edited: