Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stick With Custom Order 75 or Pick Inventory model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

Could use some help I've order a custom Model S 75 on 8/21 and got it confirmed on 8/25. Base 75, midnight silver, white interior, and carbon fiber. I originally didn't want EAP but I'm starting to change my mind, and they said it would cost me another $500 to just add the software even though they haven't gone into production yet. I'm also looking to get the car before the .99% financing goes away, but it looks to be cutting it close. I'm just curious if its possible to transfer my deposit to an inventory model? If so do I get charged any extra? Will my referral transfer? Also the below inventory models what would I be missing out? I'm assuming HW 2.5 AP, but do these have autopilot or the new seats? Also I'm a bit confused on the pricing it says 1k off on ev-cpo.com but when I compare it to a new build it doesn't seem to come out right... is the destination and doc fees already in these inventory prices that is listed?

Model S 75 5YJSA1E13HF208819 | Tesla
Model S 75 5YJSA1E15HF210572 | Tesla

Thanks,

John

Also I'm a bit confused on the pricing it says 1k off on ev-cpo.com but when I compare it to a new build it doesn't seem to come out right..

The discount is off the original price of the car when built. So if there were option changes or price drops for the car you're looking at, it could very well be that the design studio build of the exact same car won't match in price and often times could be less than inventory cars. But the wait may be shorter, so there's a trade-off there that some people don't care about.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
I asked about switching to an inventory 90D, but Tesla said I'd lose my 2500 deposit. FYI.

Irish, Herolad, What Ross said is correct, switching to a New Inventory after the 3 days of a custom order is placed is one of the few ways to switch to a different car with out loosing your deposit. talk to your owner advisor or DS.

Herolad, its really a personal preference, on what you want to do, best thing is contact your OA or DS and inquire, and yes, from what I have heard, the referral credit is transferable to a NI,

Last edited:
Thanks all for the input and after talking to the OA and DA I'm sticking with my custom order. They were pretty confident that I would get it by end of month and trying to get my EAP without the 500 change fee.

Hey All,

Could use some help I've order a custom Model S 75 on 8/21 and got it confirmed on 8/25. Base 75, midnight silver, white interior, and carbon fiber. I originally didn't want EAP but I'm starting to change my mind, and they said it would cost me another $500 to just add the software even though they haven't gone into production yet. I'm also looking to get the car before the .99% financing goes away, but it looks to be cutting it close. I'm just curious if its possible to transfer my deposit to an inventory model? If so do I get charged any extra? Will my referral transfer? Also the below inventory models what would I be missing out? I'm assuming HW 2.5 AP, but do these have autopilot or the new seats? Also I'm a bit confused on the pricing it says 1k off on ev-cpo.com but when I compare it to a new build it doesn't seem to come out right... is the destination and doc fees already in these inventory prices that is listed?

Model S 75 5YJSA1E13HF208819 | Tesla
Model S 75 5YJSA1E15HF210572 | Tesla

Thanks,

John
Funny I also ordered same time as you and received a call last night from my sales person who offered me a car exact build as mine that someone had cancelled on. He told me the build date was 9-7 so hoping its all up to date. I was told that as long as your buying or leasing new car it could be applied with referral, I was considering loosing the great rate as well and looked at the inventory cars. Good Luck!

Herolad said:
...trying to get my EAP without the 500 change fee.

Let us know if they are successful at doing that. I'm trying to do the same thing before delivery, since it is just a software flag....

Just found out from my DS that they can't/won't do that without the modification fee. Guess they don't want my $5000 now, but would rather get my $6000 somewhere down the road.... Just on principle, I won't pay $500 for a software flag....

If your DS finds a way to do it before Friday, let me know...

Herolad said:
...trying to get my EAP without the 500 change fee.

Just found out from my DS that they can't/won't do that without the modification fee. Guess they don't want my $5000 now, but would rather get my $6000 somewhere down the road.... Just on principle, I won't pay $500 for a software flag....

If your DS finds a way to do it before Friday, let me know...

Yes my DS and OA was able to work it out and get it added just for the $5000.